Couch-to-5k soreness

Options
I have started a couch to 5k program and I did pretty well. However, I'm worried because my quads are extremely sore. I want to continue with the program but I'm afraid that I am going to fall over if i try to move. Has anyone had very sore quads and if you've done the couch-to-5k program, what is normal when dealing with sore muscles?

Replies

• xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    are you stretching and drinking enough water? Could be the problem or it could be just bc of working muscles you haven't made a habit of working... If you're that sore tho take a day to just stretch for like 20 minutes.. motrin can help with inflammation and maybe repeat the week. I've run for 4 days now and behind my knees are super sore. Stretching helps a lot.
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    As with any exercise program, if you feel sore (like too sore, close to injury) then rest. Sometimes soreness works itself out with more exercise if it is not to the point of injury. You know your body. Also drinking a lot of water will help. Motrin, Epsom salt soak, etc.
  • aprlshwrs
    Options
    Thanks...all good points. I was supposed to do day 2 of the program this morning but along with the weather (pouring rain) and my soreness I decided to wait. I have been stretching but I definitely need to drink more water. Maybe tomorrow I will just walk instead. No need to rush the program.

Thanks for your suggestions.