Gained it back quickly & looking for some support?

Options
I lost a good 30 pounds in a matter of 3 months and was so proud of myself. Now in the last 2 months I have quit breastfeeding, completely quit exercising and started eating a ton of junk.. Of course I have gained over 10 pounds in those two months now. I don't trust myself to even try getting back on track before the holidays are over but I am wondering if anyone is willing to work with me starting January 1st. I was thinking we can commit to take a weekly photo, log every day and weigh in at least once a week? Anyone interested??

Replies

• JustJennie13
    Options
    I can do the weekly photo... I already log every day and typically weigh in once a week. But I don't think you should wait til the first. Starting now would boost your confidence in disipline on good days.... Everyone has bad days and I already plan to eat to my little hearts content on Christmas day.... I'll be your partner but WHY NOT TODAY!!!!
  • JustiineMR
    JustiineMR Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I know I have only eaten junk today and although I know I should be held accountable I am so embarrassed by my total lack of self control : (
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I can do the weekly photo... I already log every day and typically weigh in once a week. But I don't think you should wait til the first. Starting now would boost your confidence in disipline on good days.... Everyone has bad days and I already plan to eat to my little hearts content on Christmas day.... I'll be your partner but WHY NOT TODAY!!!!

Yeah, why not start tomorrow? You have to be willing to want to do this. I'm not a believer in that whole "I'll start Monday" thing.
  • JustiineMR
    Options
    I just figured when the craziness has passed and I will be back to work so I can be sure to have the chance to be by a computer already but I will post tomorrow because you're right.
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    I typically use the phone app to track when I am not at a computer. And though it is embarrassing sometimes seeing what you eat is a real kick in the butt! I have had my days where I ate fast food.... and that was ALL that I ate that day because it wasted all of my calories. We are human we have bad days! It doesn't mean that tomorrow will be another bad day! I had to learn this! I use to go over and if I did consistently than I would say "F" it obviously I don't want this... lol I have learned that I CAN eat GOOD food and stay under my calories. I would also suggest customizing your settings a little as I learned today that MFP can set you too low which will set you up for failure in the long run. It's not a diet. It is a lifestyle change!!!
  • JustiineMR
    Options
    You're right I should look into customizing it, thanks for the idea!
  • newyorklover91
    newyorklover91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Trust us, start today.

I am the biggest procrastinator ever and it never helps when you put things off. It only makes it worse. Even if you don't eat healthy today or leading up to the 1st, just log everything! It will get you in the habit.

I added you so hopefully we can work together to achieve amazing things :-)
  • JustJennie13
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Though it confused me at first it makes so much more sense in the ways of losing and maintaining. I actually just upped my calorie goal today because of the guidance of this post. If you don't believe read the comments at the bottom it seems to be SUPER successful! And guess what MORE FOOD!!! lol
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Start now. Maybe just maintenance until after the holidays. If you think of it as a fast, diet, you can gain it back quickly as soon as you stop "dieting".
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am not having the best week with all the treats, but I am logging everything and getting my workouts I. I want to enjoy the holidays, but minimize the damage!!!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I can do a weekly photo, as well. I agree with the others that you shouldn't wait until after the holidays and start tomorrow. I have my good and bad days, but I log them all. I have found the logging to be the key to my success and probably the only thing that has truly ever worked for me in the long-term, so I have no intentions of stopping it at any point in time. I've been sick for most of the past week, but I am usually really good about getting my workouts in, as well. Feel free to add me and we can help keep each other accountable :)
  • MaraJade13
    Options
    I completely understand! I had lost about 60 pounds over 8 months, and have gained over 25 back when I lost my job and could no longer afford my gym membership. But I still ate like I was working out 6 days a week. When I say a gain on the scale, I got stressed and frustrated and my diet just got worse. I am slowly getting back on track, but man it's hard!