I am failing!

Options
Yesterday was not that good...I am afrfaid to see what my counter will say,,,probably something along the lines of "What the heck are you eating??"

Let me just say...easter candy+menstruation+diet = lxcfghjghlsdjtghsdfgjkhslfgjkhasldfgjksfkjlhsert

it wasn't really too bad except for my chocolate intake...but....i fell like i am never going to lose weight or see results...I don't want this time dieting to be like all the others where i give up out of hopelessness

Replies

• cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    SO, FORGIVE yourself for yesterday and get right back on track! I'm learning that's the key to NOT giving up like all the other times! I went over my calories yesterday by 221 and fat by 11 grams and that was with TRYING to be good! Stupid easter candy and PIE! BUT....I still managed to lost 2lbs this last week! One day or meal isn't going to ruin everything. Get up, dust yourself off, and commit to being good for the rest of the week!

*just wanted to add...I had 2 weeks where I didn't lose anything...then it started back up again! It'll come!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    No you are not failing! You just have to keep going and the weight will come off! I have been stuck at 26 pounds for what seems like forever now, but I know that there is something that I am not doing right and once I figure that out the pounds will start to come off again! We just have to keep trying and eat healthy, exercise and keep up the positive attitude! We CAN DO THIS!!!
    So smile, drink some more water and take a walk!!!
    Hugs!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • KristiMillner08
    KristiMillner08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just tell yourself....."FAILING IS NOT AN OPTION"...don't let one bad day ruin everything for you. cfisher81 said it perfectly. Forget yesterday and move on with today!!! GOOD LUCK!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    You can only fail if you quit. Keep going. Holidays are hard for everyone. Some make better choices than others but it is still hard for all of us!

DD
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Recognizing failure is an example of not truly failing. If you really failed, you would have just given up, never signed back in to MFP again, and just said "to hell with it." You didn't do that, therefore you didn't really fail. You just had an obstacle, and you sure can move past that. Nothing to beat yourself up over because of easter candy and that time of the month. You gotta let your hair down once in a while and just move on and get back in the game. This is one of the key differences in weight loss mentality between women and men: women tend to beat themselves up and declare every other thing a failure while men just kind of shrug, enjoy the little candy treat, and move on. You can do it! You signed back in to MFP to write about it....so you are farther away from failure than you think! ;)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    HEEEEYYY :grumble: ... you're not failing until you quit. As long as you keep fighting, you're winning the battle. :drinker:
  • rambo23
    rambo23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Do a bunch of cardio today. Even though its not directly cancelling it out. It will make you feel a lot better and give you a jump start on getting back on track.
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself! We have all done it at one point or another. You just have to forget it and get back on track. If you beat yourself you will only feel worse. Think positive and in a couple days you'll get see that one slip up will not ruin your entire effort! You are doing great, you are NOT failing!
  • Rhonnie07
    Rhonnie07 Posts: 36
    Options
    Just because you had one bad day doesn't mean that you have failed. Look at it as a time to learn what went wrong and grow from it. It's not a mistake unless you let it.
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    That's the great part about dieting, exercising, etc... once you reset your thinking to the proper mode, you can get over the guilty feelings from endulging once in a while. It's just a matter of training your thinker to realize that every morning when you wake up is a whole new start. It's a new oppertunity to do it right, and it's a fresh start. Don't look at more, just the day your given, and use it to the best of your ability. Yesterday is over, you can't change it, so why let yesterday, which is over and gone, influence you today, when it's a brand new opportunity. Instead of guilt over your day off, try replacing it with enjoyment and releshing the treats. And, then get back to work... :smile:
  • lynzt16
    lynzt16 Posts: 48
    Options
    EVERYONE HAS A BAD MEAL, OR BAD DAY! The trick is to not let that bad meal/day get to you. Move on from it and just get back on the wagon! I have found that if i have a bit of a bad meal, it makes me feel better to do a little exercise...makes me feel less guilty. Go for a walk or even hit the gym. But like i said before, EVERYONE has those days, the trick is to not let it get to you and just keep moving forward!
    GOOD LUCK!
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've had several less than ideal food days myself... I'm giving myself permission to just be. I'm still tracking. I know from experience that I occasionally have a bad day and just have to ride it out - it's what I do over the long haul that matters.

Of course, you posted this 8 days ago, so everything could be peachy at this point... :) Good luck!
  • littlecompton
    Options
    How are you doing? We care!

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
  • debbieruth
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with ya, just know that when you see it in your food diary, hundreds of calories and all, (Personally) it makes you never want to eat that much again!! Of course, your TOM probably played a big part in it.

I find, that although it's hard now, when I start eating healthier and get away from my bad habits, I start craving healthy food, fruits and veggies!!! Even when my TOM comes to visit.

:) Gotta admit though, sometimes you just NEED chocolate. :D

Stay encouraged, don't give up, and just get back on track!
  • knightl
    knightl Posts: 14
    Options
    Just tell yourself....."FAILING IS NOT AN OPTION"...don't let one bad day ruin everything for you. cfisher81 said it perfectly. Forget yesterday and move on with today!!! GOOD LUCK!

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH THIS! "Don't let one bad day ruin everything for you." I have stopped dieting SOOO many times, and although I have no idea how old you are, it feels horrible to know that I am going into my sophomore year of college looking like a beached whale. I HATE IT!! So, I want to give up all the time. But you have to remember: Even the stick-thin models indulge in chocolate sometimes!
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Take a look at all the people who have responded. Many have lost over 15lbs so far and I could probably bet you that most have had at least 1 day where they didn't eat exactly as they planned. The good thing is, it is only one day, and maybe you overate 1000 calories, but look at the rest of the week/month/year and you are no doubt still doing great. Developing a bad habit is a problem not eating a bunch of chocolate one day! Keep up the great work and enjoy the chocolate (within reason of course)!