POM Juice !!!

Options
So for the second time I tried this in my life & I'm ADDICTED I love love love love love it ! But i'm not a huge fan of the original though..hmmph. Any other healthy juices that I could try? I know H2O is the way to go, but I need a little punch on my tastebuds :blushing: :smooched:

pom_zps0c51706c.jpg

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I like those MIO flavors
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Not a fan n commercial juices. Most of them are just unnecessary sugar. I do really like V8 though.
  • nikkijade13
    nikkijade13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yea the V8 fruit juices are pretty good. So is a brand called Naked Juice
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    It's 150 - 200 calories of sugar water. If you love them, that's great, but please don't fall for the advertising -- they're not a health drink.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of low-sodium V8. Just the vegetable kind-- not any of that fruit fusion stuff.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Try making your own fresh juices! There are all kinds of combinations! I'll bet if you googled it, you would find lots of sites with juice recipes to get you started. Or look for a book on amazon.com abouty juicing. Now, pom juice is pretty yummy, so I am not sure how this would compare, but I like to make a fresh juice from two kale leaves, three or four carrots, and one or two celery stalks. It looks like mud, but it tastes fine! And it makes me FEEL really GOOD! Must be the nutrtion boost! I have also made one with cabbage, a bit of broccoli, apple and carrot. When you add an apple, it can be surprisingly sweet! Not too much broccoli, though.

P.S. Alabaster, not all pomegranate juices are sugar water. I haven't read ingredients lately, but if I remember correctly, Pom is one of the 100% pomegranate juice ones. Reading labels is important. I have seen other pomegranate juices where sugar IS the second ingredient after Water!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    *checks content of thread*

Oh. Okay. Carry on. :drinker:
  • maxonehiphop
    maxonehiphop Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any juice recommendations. I like juice period.

If you enjoy POM Wonderful drinks and you are staying within your calorie goals then continue to enjoy. (assuming you don't have any health issues that don't mix well with the sugar) I have always loved juices. Originally when I started trying to track and lose I saw all this stuff about how terrible juice was. I totally cut it out until I rerealized how excellent and glorious juice is.

POM is great but generally too expensive for me. I drink a boatload of plain water, keep mio and imitation mio handy for when I need something w/a bit a flavor besides coffee or juice. I keep some cheap flavored bubbly water in the fridge when i need a "burn" in my throat and I keep various juices handy that I often consume after intense work outs, need some calories but am not really hungry.

I love juice. I enjoy variety in drinks period.

I definitely drink less than I used to but that's not because I can't afford the calories it's because it's not in the budget and i'm drinking so much water/fluid in general that i'm just less thirsty.
  • Kev_witchcity
    Options
    *checks content of thread*

Oh. Okay. Carry on. :drinker:

I love drinking Pom Juice :love:
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I hate juice
    I love pomegranates though... one of my favs
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    i tried it once too and i liked it too except its not much to it other than sugar but its a nice refreshing drink :)
  • indy_cat
    Options
    I like to mix the Mio sweet tea with the Mio Lemonade to make a no calorie Arnold Palmer. Just a little squirt of each in a huge glass of ice water is very refreshing and rehydrating. I don't like the taste of water and rarely drink it plain. You could also try mixing cranraspberry juice with equal parts of water. Very good taste and half the sugar. They do make a lite version but I don't like the aftertaste.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Most bottled drinks might as well be soda.

Why not try making your fruit juice, vegetable juice, smoothies, ice cream, brew your own tea or coffee, etc.

I would avoid stuff like Mio at all costs.