I DID IT!! I did it! Hooray!

Options
I reached my goal weight of 175!!!! As of this morning I weight 172! When I first signed up for this sight 175 seemed sooo out of reach considering I had two daughters back to back and was 250 lbs the day before I gave birth to my 2nd daughter on December 14th 2008. I don't come on here much b/c I am very busy with work and my girls (mylee and Keira). But when I signed up I really slacked off a lot for the first few months. I didn't really start dieting and exercising until November of last year. There was a crisis in my family which caused me to lose a lot of weight very very fast (I lost 30 lbs iin a month and a half). Not the right way to do things, but I felt hopeless at that point in my life and the mere THOUGH of food made me stomach turn. Today I am so filled with hope and inspiration and know that as long as I keep doing what i'm doing, I will get to where I want to be. I hate the label 'fat'. Now when I look in the mirror I don't feel I can be labeled as such anymore. I was always a 'thick' girl. I always had a big butt and big thighs, but i'm okay with it today! I actually LIKE my big butt and big thighs and hips now! I finally feel attractive, something I haven't felt in over 3 years! Oh and now I actually weigh LESS than what I weighed at my first prenatal appointment with my first daughter, which was 187. My size 10 jeans fit me again, and I am on my LAST belt buckle. It feels great. For all the people just starting out, or struggling, keep going, there is hope! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

Replies

• KristiMillner08
    KristiMillner08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!! It is so exciting isn't it? Keep up the great work of losing!!!
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! Wonderful!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing!!! Happy dance for you!!

DD
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! That is just awesome! I am so glad you have hope again and not only has your body lightened up but it sounds like your spirit has too and that is just amazing!!!! You deserve to give yourself a great big pat on the back and an extra squeeze of lemon in your water!!!! :wink:
    You are an inspiration to all of us here at MFP!!!
    Hugs!:flowerforyou:
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! I am more apple-shaped, round belly and hips with flat butt and chicken legs. I have ALWAYS wished I had your body shape, with strong legs and a sexy rear end! Work it girl!!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    great job!!!! Folks like you are an inspiration to us all!!! I've always been active and never been one to lose OR gain weight very easily so as I'm trying to get rid of my pregnancy weight I have the same feeling that many others do.....it's just impossible! But, I will get there and you can bet you'll be seeing a post similar to this one on the day that I do!!!! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • taniat116
    taniat116 Posts: 12
    Options
    All the woman in my family are pear shaped. I always wished I wasn't, but now i'm learning to embrace it! My top is small, but my bottom is big, oh well, It's the way I was built =] Now I just need to work on a flat tummy which right now seems soooooo far away, after having two kids back to back and gaining almost 75lbs! YIKES!
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    Wow what an awesome job, you should be so proud of yourself.... way to go....
  • taniat116
    taniat116 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes you will get there!!!!!! AND I cannot wait to see that post from you! I really can't stand the woman who gain 20lbs while they are pregnant and one week later they are back in their pre-pregnancy jeans...lol. After 15 months I JUST put away all my maternity clothes! lol thank god! And when I get pregnant I don't just get a cute big pregnant belly, I get big and pregnant EVERYWHERE! I was 8 months pregnant with my 2nd daughter and my hubby actually said 'honey, the baby grows in your belly right?' I respond 'yeah babe, where do you THINK it grows'....he replies 'oh just wondering because your A*s is pregnant too'.
  • pipedoctor
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You look great!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...keep up the good work....
  • jtorres81
    jtorres81 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thats is so great that you have come so far. I had the lap-band surgery and only lost 15lbs. I started at 236 and then lost 15 lbs before the surgery and then after the surgery I lost a few more lbs reaching 200lbs. Now I'm stuck and actually going up and this Yo-Yo diet that i have going is killing. I'm 208 now not far from my weighin before surgery so I'm bummed. But, hearing how well your doing is great inspiration and hope to follow in your footsteps.

Oh! wanted to tell u something about the pear shape thing. Hun, I'm a Apple and it is so ugly cuz all the fat goes to the belly not the hips, so lucky you. I think curvy pear shaped women are beautiful. My sister in law is my weight and height and she looks so much better than I do. She's a size 12 while i'm a size 16 imagine that!!! So like you said EMBRACE it, love it and be happy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!