Holiday Boozing!

Options
Hola~ I'm going to visit friends and family for Christmas and they are rather fond of drinking... heavily, especially since we haven't all gotten together in a long time. Wondering if anyone had ideas for low cal mixed drinks. My go to has always been captain and coke/cream soda/OJ or vodka cran. Beerwise there will be large quantities of Miller Lite or some variation of Dogfish. I hate wine and would probably be forced into shooters if I even tried. So yeah, suggestions?

Cheers!
:drinker:

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Sugar free cranberry, any diet soda or sparkling water with any clear spirit.
  • slatch10
    Options
    I am in the same boat, I like to booze too and the holidays are going to be especially hard for keeping it in check. I love paralyzers so am thinking Kahluha, Vodka, Coke Zero and Skim milk, still calories... but delicious ones!

I find that Vodka and water with a splash of diet cranberry for colour is pretty good and not bad for calories.

My low cal favorite though is NSA Jello Shooters! The NSA Jello is only 40 calories for the whole package, one cup of boiling water, 1/4 cup of cold water and 3/4 cup of whatever liquor you want. If you can make 17 or 18 shots out of a batch it works out to about 25 or 30 calories per shot, and those things sneak up on you pretty quick!

Good luck and happy boozing!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    thank you for the info... New Years is coming and I think I may make the jello shots ;)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hola~ I'm going to visit friends and family for Christmas and they are rather fond of drinking... heavily, especially since we haven't all gotten together in a long time. Wondering if anyone had ideas for low cal mixed drinks. My go to has always been captain and coke/cream soda/OJ or vodka cran. Beerwise there will be large quantities of Miller Lite or some variation of Dogfish. I hate wine and would probably be forced into shooters if I even tried. So yeah, suggestions?

Cheers!
    :drinker:

Do a few shots and nurse the other drinks. :smile: Enjoy.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Just have fun and don't worry about it ;-) Well thats what works for me
  • meghannrenee
    meghannrenee Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    One of my current favs is vodka or gin with club soda and a lime wedge - maybe some cranberry if I'm feelin fancy. With the lower sugar content it cuts down on the next day hangover (by A LOT - at least for me) and it's only 95 calories per drink (a drink being 1 oz booze, 3 oz club soda, 1 lime wedge).

With that said - relax and have fun. I don't drink this because of the calorie content. I drink it because I like it. Have something you'll enjoy - it's the hollidays, a little splurging here and there won't break your diet :)
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    One of my current favs is vodka or gin with club soda and a lime wedge - maybe some cranberry if I'm feelin fancy. With the lower sugar content it cuts down on the next day hangover (by A LOT - at least for me) and it's only 95 calories per drink (a drink being 1 oz booze, 3 oz club soda, 1 lime wedge).

With that said - relax and have fun. I don't drink this because of the calorie content. I drink it because I like it. Have something you'll enjoy - it's the hollidays, a little splurging here and there won't break your diet :)

I second the vodka and club/tonic with a lime!!!! My favorite drink ever!
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My family is the same! (the dog's name was Mudslide and we had a boat named Slainte if that gives you any clue!)
    My go-to is plain Vodka and water with Mio drink flavoring. :drinker:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    I'll put a shot of cherry infused bourbon (Red Stag) in each big ol' 16 - 24 oz. glass of diet soda (Dr. Pepper). That way you can imbibe all evening and only get a few hundred extra calories.