What -12lbs and heavy lifting can do (body pics)(-102 total)

Options
I know this might come to a shock to everyone so be warned, I am in a bra and shorts in these photos. I am not nervous but I want to show all of you ladies who are upset they "only lost 12lbs". I know I need to listen to my own advice but sometimes bodies change without the scale. The before pictures were taken Sept 17 at 240lbs. The after pictures were taken last night at 228lbs. Also, I just wanted to show everyone what a body looks like after 102lb weight loss, realistically. I will have to have skin removal surgery, I might have stretch marks forever, but it feels good to be real.

I hope these helps someone know that bodies are changing positively even when the scales do not move. Let's keep on keepin on!

From the side
2cmqj2t.jpg

From the back (I can see my tattoos are higher)
14e6rtk.jpg

Replies

• whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I know this might come to a shock to everyone so be warned, I am in a bra and shorts in these photos. I am not nervous but I want to show all of you ladies who are upset they "only lost 12lbs". I know I need to listen to my own advice but sometimes bodies change without the scale. The before pictures were taken Sept 17 at 240lbs. The after pictures were taken last night at 228lbs. Also, I just wanted to show everyone what a body looks like after 102lb weight loss, realistically. I will have to have skin removal surgery, I might have stretch marks forever, but it feels good to be real.

I hope these helps someone know that bodies are changing positively even when the scales do not move. Let's keep on keepin on!

From the side
    2cmqj2t.jpg

From the back (I can see my tattoos are higher)
    14e6rtk.jpg

great job!!!!!! keep it up!!!!!!!!! add me if ud like :)
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    awesome job! those tattoos are higher and tighter! fantastic...thanks for sharing with us. awesome awesome changes!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Keep it up!

Weights are awesome.
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    wow lifting is really worth it you can tell in these pictures!!! keep up the great work girl!!!!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Thanks for keeping it real for all of us! Such a big change in a little time! Keep it up girlfriend!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Definite difference - 12 lbs not a lot of weight loss but your weight lifting has made a great change in body. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:

I have come to the conclusion that doing weights seems to be a good way to go so I want to start doing that - I've had the weight loss but need strength and muscle building!
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow keep up the great work!!! You look great.
  • smithme09
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! The changes are remarkable!! Your thighs, especially, are so much leaner, as is every other part of you!
  • AfroKaos
    Options
    Great work!!! Your belly is so much smaller! ANd I agree... the tatts are higher and tighter! Proud of you for sticking with it. We all know this ish is frikin HARD.
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Thanks for posting:smile:
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Very cool!!
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    First - THANK YOU for not being afraid to show your body. I love that.

Second - WOW. This pics are super inspiring and I can totally see why lifting makes such a huge difference. I would have guessed at least twice that amount in weight -- good for you!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I can definitely tell in your legs that you're leaner too.

Good job and keep it up!
  • MarlinWil
    MarlinWil Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What an amazingly generous woman you are. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible results, and for getting out there and being brave about backing your progress with pics. Your progress is INCREDIBLE!! What a huge difference. You are obviously feeling really confident and empowered by the results you have achieved. Well done. Love your tats, love how much firmer and better your skin looks, and love your honesty.

Good luck on the next leg of your journey. I am very interested in seeing your progress in another 12lbs time!!

Wil
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    Wow you look great I dare say your skin looks soo much healthier and younger. Great work!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    That is amazing how much higher your tattoos are now! Great job!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You can see a difference. Keep it up!
  • salsagal36
    salsagal36 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's bloody fantastic, well done! We have similar stats and I've just started lifting too. We'll rock it together.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That's a huge improvement for just a 12 pound loss! Your example really shows us that body composition changes (converting fat mass to lean mass) are more important than numbers on a scale. Impressive work! :drinker:
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Far out! Really impressive! Fantastic work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!