Body for Life....???

Options
A friend recently told me about this program and I checked it out and am going to give it a try. I was just curious if any of you have heard about or tried it. I'm looking for the good, bad and the ugly here.........thanks in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Bill Philips is great! I have tried that and got great results! Then I went to college and bam lost lots of money and gained lots of weight. And lost time and energy to continue with the program. I am now doing the Power 90 and P90x programs and seeing great results as well!
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did this and lost 15 pounds and was in the best shape of my life. Unforunately I got very ill for over a year and fell off the wagon. I plan to start again. I think part of what got me through my illness was that I was so healthy when it hit me.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I was doing this program the last time I injured my knee (requiring surgery, getting me way off track). It is a reasonable program. Nothing magic, as I recall. Circuit training with weights to keep you burning fat while maintaining muscle and high intensity interval training for the straight cardio plus a clean eating plan. I do remember there being a lot of promotion for the meal replacement shakes and bars. I've bought a few and they are actually pretty tasty, but I tend to use a different brand of whey protein when I am looking for a meal replacement.
  • Loriea
    Loriea Posts: 4
    Options
    I did this program as well and was in the best shape of my life-lost 30 lbs...however just like everyone else I fell off the wagon and had a baby...put it all back on. I am doing the diet part now and doing p90x for the workouts just because it's hard for me to get to the gym. I think the hardest part for me is the diet...it's pretty easy in philosophy equal amounts of carbs and protein and 5-6 meals a day. I just really love food. All of it..pasta, steak, chocolate, ice cream. So moderation is something I need to be better at. Good luck
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did this program and I remember having amazing energy! And getting really strong, quickly. Again, nothing magic but really solid.
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the B4L Challenge - April 7-June 30. Im SO excited! Im really happy it's open to Canadian residents too. I just have to get my SIL to take some "before" pics of me this week. She's home today, I may ask her to do that when I get home.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I did this in 2000. I didn't join the contest. I followed the diet plan and workout program. I loved it. I still stick to his food list and I workout 5-6 times a week and drink the meal replacement shakes. I'm down to my first goal weight and working on 5 more lbs. I am now wanting to tone and build muscle definition while losing losing more body fat (4%, I'm at 20%). I would say this program works and is awesome! The cookbook has great recipes too!
  • simona1972
    Options
    What really excites me about the program is the weight lifting part of it. I do cardio every day and have been itching to get back to weight lifting. So...I asked my sister and sister-in-law to buy me weights for my birthday. They agreed. Im super excited about getting back to lifting.

I figured if Im gonna follow it, I may as well join the contest...who knows...I might win something :)

Im really glad to read that people have had luck/success with it.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Great Program....except no one, including myelf can sustain it.

I lost quite about 20 lbs with it, but it all came back after I stopped it.

Look for ways to sustain your lifestyle over a long peroid of time.
  • simona1972
    Options
    Im really looking at this 12 weeks as a springboard to get back to where I was years ago. Im not planning on keeping up with that program after the 12 weeks, Im really looking to increase the weights and intensity after that. These 12 weeks are really just a warm up for me to get back to that place I walked away from years ago [wont get into details why...but I regret it now].

I guess the one thing about me that people dont know is...I was considering professional bodybuilding as a career. I left that long ago...gained a HORRIBLE amount of weight and now want to go back. Im realistic enough to know that I will never be where I was, but Im sure I can improve on where I am now.

So for me...this type of plan is sustainable. Im not planning on looking back - not this time, not for any reason, and not for any body.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you continue to follow the diet for the most part and get regular exercise you'll be able to maintain after the 12 weeks. I'm just using this as another motivator to get closer to my goal weight. Every little bit helps! Good luck to you simona!
  • simona1972
    Options
    I think as long as you continue to follow the diet for the most part and get regular exercise you'll be able to maintain after the 12 weeks. I'm just using this as another motivator to get closer to my goal weight. Every little bit helps! Good luck to you simona!

Good luck to you too. Im using it as a motivator too. I really dont have a "goal weight" I have a goal physique.

Edit: I forgot to thank you for posting this thread. A few weeks ago I was thinking about B4L but couldnt remember the name of the program. When I saw your thread I nearly jumped out of my seat! Thanks again :)
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I had NEVER heard of the program before last week so since I checked it out I've been trying to get as much info on it as I could. I guess ultimately I'm after a certain physique too but set a goal weight to be able to keep "my eye on the prize". I'm thinking once I get to 150ish I won't won't to lose much more (my husband would be devastated if I lost ALL my curves and booty) but I have my goal set at 140 to keep me working harder to reach it by September when we go to Hawaii! Can't wait to be able to feel comfortable in a bathing suit again!