Hungry Girl

loverrgirrl
loverrgirrl Posts: 25
edited September 20 in Recipes
We all get hungry but there is a couple books that take eating "the good way" to a whole new level. They are called Hungry Girl and they are by Lisa Lillien. One of my favorites is 200 recipes under 200 calories. It has alot of great meals (mostly single serving) as well as the arch nemisis to the dieter DESSERTS! All with healtier choices as well as full calorie counts, and everything is in easy to understand language so even those of us that cant cook would be able to make them and with ingredients that can be found in your grocrey store. LOVE IT!

Replies

• Ulanda
    Ulanda Posts: 9 Member
    I just bought her new book a few days ago, can't wait to try out some of the recipes, they look delicious and like something the whole family could enjoy...
  • I have all of them and they are great!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Good to know! I just reserved all of the Hungry Girl books at the library and waiting for them to come in. I also gets excited when I get to read a new cookbook. Looking forward to checking out these books and serving my family healthier meals, especially at dinner. Thanks!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    They've got a website too: http://www.hungry-girl.com/subscribe/subscribe.php

I agree many of their recipes look very good, but some look like they came out of a junior chemistry kit. Sometimes it may be better to learn to love new foods instead of substituting your favourites with "edible byproducts". :wink:
  • lfreshour
    lfreshour Posts: 7 Member
    Regardless...I'm a huge fan of Hungry Girl...seems like there are a lot of people who are on the verge of ANTI Hungry Girl...I say, to each his own!

Haven't had a recipe of hers I don't like and her daily emails are chock full of good stuff!

I made the Holy Cannolis from Hungry Girl 123 last night and they were wonderful and GONE in a flash!
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    LOVE LOVE their skinny version of French toast!
This discussion has been closed.