Having a hard time eating this much

Options
RunDoozer
RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
My daily allotment per my TDEE -20% is 2404. I guess I am just not used to eating this many calories in a day. Well at least not in a healthy way. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get more calories in without feeling like Im stuffing myself even when Im eating 6 separate meals?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I'm at 2400 also. Mix in some more calorie-dense foods. Avocados, nuts, peanut butter, full-fat dairy, yogurt, eggs, cheese, etc. If you eat salads, put a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil on it (or cook your chicken or whatever in it). Dietary fat does not = body fat, and *some* fat is essential for your body.

If you're sweating eating "clean/healthy" too much, read this thread by SideSteel, where he discusses an eating philosophy that makes things a lot easier and more flexible:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

[ETA:] Also, as far as the six meals a day thing - if it works for you and you like doing it that way, nothing wrong with that; but it's not necessary and doesn't provide any additional weight loss advantage over eating two, three or however many meals you want. Here's another SideSteel thread in which he provides scientific studies and quotes from renowned nutrition/training experts in regards to meal frequency/timing:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I do that in two meals usually (intermittent fasting). It's not that hard to eat 2400 healthy calories. 3 eggs, 3 strips bacon, 1 avocado, cup of spinach, large tortilla, 2 oz cheese, handful of nuts, coffee + protein powder, 1 package black berries is about 1200 calories and really healthy.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Jar of peanut butter + spoon
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Jar of peanut butter + spoon

Hahaha I definitely second this. Or cook up some fajitas!! Yummy!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    A few spoonfuls of whatever nut butter is your favorite should sort that out no problem. #firstworldproblems lol!:tongue:
  • dragonleo13
    Options
    I'm having a hard time doing the same but I was eating a constant 300-500 kcal a day. When I finally figured out that was all I was eating I've been on a goal set of eating 1200. It has taken me 3 months but I finally have done a whole week of eating that way. My next goal is to eat 1600 kcal because I'm supposed to be eating 1680 kcal a day. I'm struggling to the point that I bought a vegan protein shake supplement that is called Vega 1. I found a tasty way to take it and it adds about 240 kcal a day into my diet - ever heard of Kefir? I use the new gingerbread kefir and the Vega 1 vanilla chai powder, blend. Tastes like a holiday eggnog shake thing. Very creamy, super healthy, and yummy. No soy and gluten free in case either of those are an issue. It works well with the Pumpkin kefir too.