cold water vs hot water

Options
I just read an interesting article on this:

http://www.studiowellnessclinic.com/blog/2012/1/7/drinking-water-cold-water-vs-warm-water-the-debate.html

Anyone ever drink more hot water than cold and did you see any results?

I read last night about putting half a lime, a tbsp of honey in hot water each morning.

http://www.dailyglow.com/askquestion/home-remedies-for-weight-loss-i-have-put-on-weight

So, what do you all think?

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Get your nutrition and weight management advice from reputable websites. If that was true all heavy tea and coffee drinkers would be stick thin.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    What 'results' are you referring to?

For weight loss: stop micromanaging and eat at a reasonable caloric deficit and exercise.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Whatever-just appears to be good health benefits.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I usually shower in hot water but I like to drink my water at room temperature.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Like I said get your nutrition and weight management advice from reputable websites, ones that reference a body of research published in reputable peer reviewed journals. That article is just citing the opinion of alternative practitioners, not proving anything.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Here's a good article from Livestrong

Like I said get your nutrition and weight management advice from reputable websites, ones that reference a body of research published in reputable peer reviewed journals. That article is just citing the opinion of alternative practitioners, not proving anything.
    It it just me, or has anyone else noticed a prevalence of sites and clinics with "wellness" in the title which seem to be full of alt-med and questionable pseudo-scientific advice?
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have often heard it is good to drink cold water as your body will have to burn a few calories getting it down to body temp. I drink water straight out of the tap alot of times I prefer it at that in between temp. I personally think the benefits either way are so small that the important thing is just to make sure the water is drank.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Water should be consumed at whatever temperature you prefer so you will drink the necessary amount. I like mine cold to room temp.
  • TexanThom
    Options
    Say hi to Elvis for me!!