New here and could use some friends

Options
I'm new here. I found this site through one of my dearest friends I've never met. I need to lose over 100lbs and I know it'll be a very long journey and I really don't want to do that alone. There's not a whole lot of support for me here at home so I'm hoping I can friend some people here and we can be each others cheerleaders.

I only started Tuesday and Friday I had already went over in my calorie intake. I felt pretty dissappointed in myself. But I figure I'll do that from time to time and it's ok. I really don't know if I'm even doing this right. So if you don't mind adding me as a a friend and telling me where I'm screwing up that'd be great :)

Replies

• JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome! To piggyback on you going over your calorie intake, it's not such a bad thing. The good thing is that you REALIZED it! Many people will not think twice about what they are eating. By you knowing that you went over, you can see where you went wrong to correct it for next time. Of course, there will be days where it will be hard, but as long as you stay on track, you can achieve anything!
  • Novaine
    Options
    You know, don't worry too much about going over your calories--there's always tomorrow! Just be sure to correct your mistakes and you'll be a "loser" in no time, haha. :)
    Anyways, welcome to MFP. :) Feel free to add me.~
  • luista205
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your words
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Don't worry too much about a day over. We all do it at sometimes. Just don't make a habit of it. Make sure you log everything even if it takes you over your calorie limit. This will allow you to see where you could improve on your choices for next time. Good luck.

I try to log on everyday so can try helping you along the way if you want to add me as a MFP friend.
    jane
  • harra123
    Options
    Thanks :) I did recognize it and something else that I recognized was that I don't want to feel disappointed in myself. That was a pretty big eye opener for me. I'm usually all about not wanting others to feel disappointed in me but last night I didn't want to do that to myself. I guess I like me more than I thought lolol even though I do get on my own nerves sometimes :P
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Invite sent. You'll rock this!! :)
  • snoboardz
    snoboardz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else has been saying. One day is not that big of a deal. As long as it remains sporadic it can actually be a good thing to sometimes overdo it a little bit. It keeps your metabolism guessing as to what is going on, which prevents your metabolism from settling in to a comfortable routine. Remember to look at this as a long term goal. Don't beat yourself up for little bumps in the road along the way. Think in terms of six month increments rather than day to day or even week to week. Good luck. Keep up the good work.