Applebees

Options
SIL is having a B-day dinner there tonight. I've never eaten there. We went once looked at the menu and left LOL. Any suggestions for something healthy and tasty. ETA I don't eat red meat.

Replies

• LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of applebee's, but now they introduced the new under 550 calories menu and I've heard good things! Makes me like them a little bit more, knowing they have a healthy option!

http://www.applebees.com/Menu_Under550.aspx
  • lorisiii
    lorisiii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    They have a new under 550 calorie menu, I ate there last week and had a spicy grilled shrip dish with whole wheat pasta, I liked it and would definately order it again.
  • kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you go to their website you can plan what you want to order ahead of time. I definitely recommend their low cal foods - they are yummy.
  • chillie99
    Options
    I like the under 550 calorie Chicken with mushrooms and peppers served with roasted potatoes and fresh veggies.
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree with chillie99....the chicken with mushrooms is really good and I think that one is only around 450 total! Enjoy!
  • manda5347
    Options
    they do a honey mustard chicken that comes with mushrooms, veggies, and roasted potatoes. Order the sauce on the side, and if you low carb, sub out a salad for the poatoes. Under 400 cals but actually good tasting.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my favorite item is the 'oriental chicken salad'. teriyaki chicken (i get it grilled instead of crunchy), almonds, crunchy noodles, amazing dressing. it is filling and enough for 2 meals. it is 709 calories, but divided by two it is only slightly more than 350 per serving. yum, yum!

*edited for spelling: oy!
  • singcoz528
    singcoz528 Posts: 154
    Options
    I work there and can tell you first hand that ALMOST everything on the menu is unhealthy. The 550 cal options are nice though. Don't order any salads other than the weight watchers versions they are almost all well over 1000 cal.

Stick with anything on the weight watchers menu or the 550 cal. The Cajun Lime Tilapia is one of my faves. It comes with mexican rice and veggies.
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Dijon Chicken with Mushrooms!!!! Hands down!!!
  • MSPENCE
    MSPENCE Posts: 31
    Options
    Don't worry to much about it. I agree with some of the others.. they have the under 550 calorie section and last time I was there (1+ ago) they had a weight watchers section.
    Sit back relax and Enjoy the time out.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    The chicken mushroom sounds pretty good! I'm trying to eat mushrooms 2-3 times a week too. Awesome! Or the Tilapia. Yum. Ok ,now I have a game plan. When I go to a restaurant and everything on the menu looks greasy and gross I lose my app. LOL Thanks :D:happy:
  • kimandal99
    Options
    I am in love with the spicy shimp over hawaiian rice and brocolli. It is delicious and is less than 300 calories for all of it! Very filling, very tasty, very delicious!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    They actually are one of the few restaurants that offer some pretty decent lower calorie items. I personally love the tilapia and they also have a great salad selection. You should have success in eating out there if you can avoid their cocktails and desserts (my weaknesses!).
  • hboughey
    hboughey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Applebees has a salad that has 6 weight watcher points ( not sure what that means calorie wise, but it must be ok ) that has grilled chicken, fruit, and lettuce. It was so good. I just can't think of the name of it.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love the Shrimp and Island rice from the under 550 menu. It is 290 calories. They do offer the nutritional info at the table now (at least the one in my area does) Enjoy:happy:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    The Cajun Lime Tilapia is yummy. I also really like the Italian Chicken Portabello sandwich - it is served on a wheat bun and with some fruit. It is really good!