I gained back everything I've lost

Options
A few years ago, I went from my highest weight of about 330 down to about 205. Then I got married to my wife, the recent graduate of pastry chef school. Between going on numerous vacations, her pastries, and just relaxing, I went from about 205 to 352 in 3 years, and my wife went from 184 to 330 in 3 years.

Now, we're getting our fat, jiggly *kitten* back on the wagon, we each have a goal of losing 10 pounds by new years.

Replies

• notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in less than 10 days. That's too big an attempt. Try to lose 2-3 pounds in those times. I big person like yourself can do it. You also may lose more apparent weight in the first week bringing your calorie count back out of the stratosphere, but it will be food weight. Week 2, you'll start to see more realistic drops. I'm right there with ya. Good luck with your progress.
  • chrissyhy
    Options
    10 pounds in less than 10 days. That's too big an attempt. Try to lose 2-3 pounds in those times. I big person like yourself can do it. You also may lose more apparent weight in the first week bringing your calorie count back out of the stratosphere, but it will be food weight. Week 2, you'll start to see more realistic drops. I'm right there with ya. Good luck with your progress.

Agreed. Never take on more than you can handle because you end up failing, becoming disappointed and then it's ten times harder to recover. I was there. I had lost 20 pounds and then gained it back. The main thing is just to put that past in the past and learn from your mistakes:) Good luck!
  • cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Im right there with ya, lost 20 lbs over the summer and gained it all back fairly quick. Its so hard to get back into it with the holidays and all but im trying and feel free to add me as a friend for support :)