This is where your body fat goes when you lose weight

Options
I thought this may be interesting for some of you who are curious like I am...I use to always wonder...now I know:laugh:

When you consume fewer calories than your body needs, your body turns to fat for energy. Your fat cells (triglycerides) provide the fuel for this energy.

Through a series of complex metabolic processes, triglycerides are broken down into two different components — glycerol and fatty acids — which are absorbed into your liver, kidney and muscle. Here, these components are further broken down by chemical processes that ultimately produce energy for your body.

The heat generated through these activities is used to help maintain your body temperature. The waste products that result are water and carbon dioxide. You excrete water primarily in urine and sweat and carbon dioxide in air exhaled from your lungs.

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Sweet. I'm exhaling LARD as I run! ROFLMFAO
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Better to EXHALE it running, than INHALE it at the table as so many do!!! :laugh: :happy: :happy:
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Cstaub
    Cstaub Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanx for the post...thats interesting and good to know. Haha!!! I think that comment is one of the funniest i've heard all day.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Well, after some careful thought, I figure if I exhale enough fat for long enough, eventually I'll start breathing fire!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I was really curious about this. I thought you pooped it all out.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL....thanks for enlightening me.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Good thing to keep in mind when I am sweating and panting like crazy during a hard workout! I've wondered this myself.
  • worchard
    worchard Posts: 30
    Options
    You mean there isn't a Fat Fairy that comes takes it in the middle of the night??? Next thing you are going to tell me is that the Tooth Fairy isn't real....
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    The Tooth Fairy is real. So is Santa, the Easter Bunny, and Leprechauns. And just to set the record straight: Satan invented the double stuffed oreo. God invented the treadmill
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    [quoteThe Tooth Fairy is real. So is Santa, the Easter Bunny, and Leprechauns. And just to set the record straight: Satan invented the double stuffed oreo. God invented the treadmill
    [/quote]

:laugh: omg you are one funny chicky! I beleive in leprechauns myself, same as ghosts, cause in my home there's a "not me" ghost that rearranges and messes up my home.