please review my journal for the past week or two?

Options
Will someone please review my food/work out journal?
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/k

fell free to review the recipes section too to get a better idea of some of the foods
The reason I have a granola under dessert is because I am working until 1 a.m today.
If you can review the other days as well. thank you

Helpful Info:
female
19 years old
5 foot 1 inch
about 85 pounds
0 seconds ago - 4 da

Replies

• Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What kind of feedback are you looking for and what are your goals? Without knowing any of that information, I don't know what kind of feedback you are looking for. I took a quick look and all that I initially noticed is that your calories are too low and your carbs are very high compared to our protein and fat.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking to see if I am eating enough food.I'm a vegetarian if is any help.I'm not trying to lose any weight , just wanting to be healthy. Am I eating too many carbs? If so any advice on how to cut back on carbs? Thank you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No, you aren't eating enough.

If you want, check out this link by MFPer Heliotsdan - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

It'll give you a detailed walkthrough (with pictures even) on finding your TDEE and calculating what you should be eating.

Also, if you are worried about the calorie intake, I also suggest you read this thread that has numerous people who met their goals and are maintaining. Some for years and they also provide their calorie intake and how often they work out.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/816542-let-s-hear-it-for-maintainenance

And if you are looking for foods to help with upping your calorie intake, I suggest checking this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/410771-i-can-t-reach-my-calorie-goal-it-s-too-much-food
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It seems pretty clear that you need to eat significantly more in general, especially more protein.
  • Chris0h9
    Chris0h9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ^^I agree. You should get some more protein into your diet. Are you vegeterian or vegan? If you're vegeterian, you could try egg whites, those are filled with protein. Watch it with the yolks though, they are filled with cholesterol, so don't consume more than one a day. Also try fat free yogurt, cheese...

If you're vegan, opt for beans.

Also your calories seem to be pretty low. I'd say go higher.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No, you are not eating enough food. You need to do a little research on BMR and TDEE, you can google calculators and plug in your information. If you truly are not trying to lose weight then you should always be eating above your BMR and actually be eating at TDEE which is probably closer to 2000 calories per day or even more at your age.I can't say if you are eating too many carbs when I don't know if you exercise or lift weights etc... If you are just trying to eat healthy then no, your carbs are fine if you like carbs - you need to increase your calories first and foremost.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    85lbs at 5'1 is about 10lbs underweight from my understanding.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It's GREAT that you are taking the time to learn more and make sure you're approaching things in a healthy way! That's really important, and will make a huge difference in your life.

You truly can trust MFP's calorie targets, that's what makes this site work so well for so many people. You're ending each day about 1000 calories short, which will create long-term issues for you. But you are young, so you can make those positive adjustments right now and enjoy the healthy benefits for the rest of your life! Read the links that have been posted, exercise regularly, and make sure you're ending every day as close to "0 Calories Remaining" as you can, and you will be on the road to a healthy and fit life!

Here's another great site for info: http://www.fat2fitradio.com

And their tool for calculating how many calories you should be eating every day: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr

Take care!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Up the calories...significantly. You're eating less than a lot of people here who are on a very restrictive diet. Even if you were trying to lose weight, 1,200 is just about as low as you should go. You need to figure out what your maintenance level of calories is and eat to those...if you've been eating this way for a long time, you'll want to up your calories slowly...maybe 100 - 200 per week until you get to a maintenance level of calories. This will allow your body and metabolism to adjust to the increase in food...you actually might want to think about eating at a surplus for a little while and putting a little meat on...from what I know, you are actually under weight which can be just as bad as being overweight.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Will someone please review my food/work out journal?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/k

fell free to review the recipes section too to get a better idea of some of the foods
    The reason I have a granola under dessert is because I am working until 1 a.m today.
    If you can review the other days as well. thank you

Helpful Info:
    female
    19 years old
    5 foot 1 inch
    about 85 pounds
    0 seconds ago - 4 da
    Your diet is roughly what I am eating, however I am 5'6" and 143lbs. I'm pretty certain that being 5'1" and weight 85lbs is unhealthy... BMI is a terrible indicator of health but put into perspective your BMI is 16.1, which is underweight, so good on you for not wanting to lose anymore. If you're looking to maintain, or I'd even suggest gain a little bit, then you want to take the advice below and add some more calories to your diet, however, the exercise is good for your health and your food choices are very 'clean'.

I'd also second the beans, and I have a few veggie recipes I eat regularly too that I can share with you if you'd like - are you veggie or vegan? Also, add some soy, maybe? You could do with some more protein. Your carbs I reckon are good.
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice everyone! Happy Holidays!!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    You do not need to eat at a deficit, you are already a bit underweight so you should be at least maintaining if not trying to gain.

If your goal is just to be healthy then keep eating the foods you eat, just make your portions larger.

Maybe add a protein shake in there somewhere?

(edited for answered question)