Snacking just to snack..

Options
I'm having a major problem with this. I came back to my parent's house for the holidays for about two weeks, leaving behind my super healthy food selections and my ability to run outside or go to a gym (well, I could freeze and run outside in the 20 degree weather). I've been doing indoor workouts, hour long intense zumba sessions/interval cardio and such. This is a far cry from my 4 mile bike/walk a day and 45 minute workout that I would do everyday.

I also am taking a break from work, and I find myself not busy and besides the shopping, I am sitting around the house a lot and am tempted by all of the Christmas goodies and just normal things that I don't normally have in my house because they're dangerous to me. I can turn anything into a binge food, honey nut cheerios, granola bars, etc. They have healthy options but I've just had them for so long that it's nice to eat new things (even though I should be eating low carb/low glycemic for PCOS).

I'm trying to enjoy the time with my family and enjoy the Christmas parties, but I find they stress me out because I eat too much during the day! Totally mindlessly and without reason a lot of the time. I know I'm doing it, I ask myself if I'm hungry, which is usually no. I don't eat it then but I'll go back 5 minutes later for it.

There's no scale so I don't know if I gained, but some of my pants do feel tighter (could be temporary bloat). I know that I'll be back to normal in a week or so, but that doesn't mean I should give up completely, does it? Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• Chris0h9
    Chris0h9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That happens to me also, I sometimes start eating just cause I'm bored. I'd say get some gum or, better yet, exercise. Find something to do.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    No, of course you shouldn't give up completely. Are you sure it's not that you are returning to your little girl self while visiting the parents? Is there some sort of gym or fitness center that you can go to during your stay? Don't a lot of them have free try-outs during the holidays?