Food Diary Done too early?

Options
I wonder if anyone else has friends who complete their food diary for the day (under goal) and submit it midday? Are they really finished eating for the day at noon? I allowed for time differences across the miles, and it's not just one or two of my friends or i'd ask them directly.
Have you seen this?

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Some people pre-log their food and then submit it and it helps them stick to it later in the day. But yes of course you are right and they might be snacking later...
  • SweetNSassee
    Options
    i log early so I don't forget too later in the day when I get busy but if i eat something else i add it or change it....
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I pre-log for the day but I don't submit. I know that there is temptation to eat snack and I make sure I log them if I do. Maybe some of your friends have will power not to snack but I sure don't.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    It is also easy to accidentally complete your diary on the phone app. I hate when I do that! :)
  • Hishtagat
    Hishtagat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan all my meals a day ahead and stick with that. Quite likely that your friends do that.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I log early but don't submit until he end of the day because I know that things can changes and I may or may not eat a little more then planned. But yes, a few of my friends do complete their diaries early in the morning, I'm always confused by that.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    If you are curious about what your "In five weeks" projection is, you can click "Complete This Entry" to find out. A lot of people do this out of curiosity, and probably aren't aware that this generates that message in the feed.. Also, they may they may just accidentally click "Complete This Entry" ----which generates that message. It may just be lack of familiarization with the website.

Thankfully, the Food Diary will only print this once in a 24 hour period in the Feed, otherwise we'd be seeing it multiple times a day per person.

I never comment on people's food diaries - partly for that reason. There aren't enough hours in the day.

• brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I plan all my meals and log it. I feel it keeps me on trace. No wondering what to eat or calculating calories or carbs during meal preparation. I don't submit until the end of the day but I usually don't eat anything not already logged for that day.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm writing in my food notes I accidentally submit the diary instead of the note. Actually it's like a daily occurrence. Normally I remember to delete it after I enter it but sometimes I forgot. And also people often prelog their food and submit it so they are more motivated to stick to their plan, or to see what kind of feedback they get about their plan

Anyway, what does it matter? Whatever works for them is fine by me
  • Sleepynita
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you submit it, you can go back and add or delete things after the submission.

Often at 8pm when I am done eating for the day I submit my diary with an intended glass of wine for after the kids go to bed and then end up deleting said wine the next day because I fell asleep before drinking it..

However, early submission does not mean the person is cheating, or lying, just as late submission doesn't mean they are not cheating or lying.
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I often hit the button before I meant to. Kind of a habit?
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    why does it matter when people complete their diary? It is their diary. Mind your own diary.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Often at 8pm when I am done eating for the day I submit my diary with an intended glass of wine for after the kids go to bed and then end up deleting said wine the next day because I fell asleep before drinking it...

Lol - so glad I'm not the only one who does this!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    It is also easy to accidentally complete your diary on the phone app. I hate when I do that! :)

This happens a lot. And I think a lot of people don't know if they just delete the post in their feed, they then can complete their diary entry again later.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I pre-log my meals, snacks, cocktails....everything. I pretty much stick to the plan; if anything, I end up not eating something I was planning to and have to delete it. Doing it this way helps me to avoid random snacking on random foods and having to go jump on MFP to see if I can fit it in somehow. I don't submit, but I do everything ahead of time and I'm pretty consistent.

If they're really doing this and then turning around and having unplanned snacks and what not, then they're just cheating themselves. Personally, I don't worry about what others are doing and I don't usually bother even looking at their diaries unless they specifically ask.
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i log early so I don't forget too later in the day when I get busy but if i eat something else i add it or change it....

this is what I do. I don't hit complete until I'm ready to go to bed for the night.
  • KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i always pre-log my food. if i change my meals later or eat more, i always adjust my food diary. its just easier for me, helps me count my calories before i start cooking to ensure i dont go over my calories.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    When I am working I complete my log early as I have everything planned out and do try to stick to it. I don't close out my diary though as I hate the 5 week prediction when I am plateaued.
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually submit mine after lunch, which I usually have between 3 and 4. I usually stick to it. If I dont I add the extras on later. But, once I log and submit, I try my best to stick to it. That's my way of keeping myself accountable. I also know the time of day I may have a craving so I have those treats added into my meal plan beforehand.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I do this sometimes when I log ahead of time and know I'll stick to it. Depends on how disciplined a person is. The good thing is that you can still go back to change things even if you've already 'completed' your log for the day, you can re-submit.