Paintball

Rugbychick16
Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey guys,

I played about 3 hours of paintball on Saturday, and I know I burned at least SOME calories doing it, but does anyone have any idea of how many are burnt? Or are there too many variables? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    2 years ago, we went to Cancun. Nice resort and they had a paintball course. My daughter (14 at the time) and I signed up. We showed up on the designated day and qwe wwere the only people to show up. They told us we could come back later, but we already had a full schedule, so we decided just to do it with the two of us. About 100 degrees and 99% humidity. Dressed up in all that gear. Yikes. Must have lost 5 lbs. We had a blast.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    According to a paintball site I just visited, you primarily do running and walking and carrying your weapon during paintball games. How about figuring out how long you played, how many minutes you ran and how many you walked. How much did the weapon weigh? Carrying it while you played should count for weight-lifting calories. EX: You play 2 hours. You run and walk about half the time, each. One hour running (jogging, sprinting, etc.) + one hour walking (3-5 mph) + five pounds (weapon) for two hours = ? It might work. There might also be another web site that has your info. I just submitted "calories playing paintball" and multiple sites appeared. Have fun!
  • anume25
    anume25 Posts: 19
    curious bout this my self. our local season bout to start back up, and its pretty intense, but alot of fun.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    curious bout this my self. our local season bout to start back up, and its pretty intense, but alot of fun.

So much fun! One of the first times I ever watched a game beling played was when I was dating my now husband, and he was in a tournment. It was crazy! Then he took me out to play and I was hooked. You can tell it's a good workout too - squats, running, and carrying your gun.
  • anume25
    anume25 Posts: 19
    oh yea. we play speedball and woodsball...5 on 5...its mostly a bunch of us that went to school together while back. one of the guys actually play on UF paintball team which is cool. yea cant wait till it starts back up...but would like to know how you could get a somewhat close estimate on the calories burned in a 3-4 hours of game time...
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    off to play paintball today!!! Thanks for helping figure out the calorie burn...
  • Hi I referee paintballing and we carried a local test using the nike ref bands and we calculated for a half day of paintballing (approx. 3 hours) it roughly is 1000-1200 calories are burned. This was through movement alone and no consideration was taking for the weight of the paintball gun.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Depends if you're sneaky sneaky or going for bunker bunker
  • jvsghost
    jvsghost Posts: 11 Member
    Hi! I started a paintball thread about a month ago and broke down what I believe is an accurate count (for me). I would be glad to hear anyone else's opinion! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1278450-paintball?hl=paintball#posts-19858649
This discussion has been closed.