what's your plan for this holiday week?

Options
I'm on a roll! I lost 6.2 lbs in 4 weeks and don't want to stop! But its Christmas week which means lots of delicious food. I would loveee to still have a loss this week but I also dont want to feel like I'm missing out while everyone else is indulging.

Replies

• DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday and had my departments Holiday Party this past Thursday. I indulged so much I made myself sick. I am glad to say that when I weighed in I didn't gain a pound. My outlook on the holidays is it happens once a year, go ahead eat what you want but don't make yourself sick. You can work it out during the week.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water. Trying to make good choices and limiting the amount of crap I eat. However I'm still going to enjoy some great food. (It's why I ran today and plan a long run for tomorrow)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'll be consuming somewhere between my current deficit and maintenance while the family is here for the holidays...Christmas day, I'll likely be a smidgen higher than maintenance.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    My plan is to avoid liquid calories, exercise when possible, and not deprive myself if the foods I love - especially when this is the one time of the year I eat certain kinds of food.
    I think you should allow yourself to enjoy the holiday eats. Find the time to do a good hard workout, and earn some extra calories for the day/week.
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've done great since I started 4 weeks ago! The next couple of days are gonna be tough!! We are having Christmas dinner with my family tomorrow night and luckily, I know what we're having and I've been trying to calculate calories for all of it! I hope I did ok, but if not I'm not gonna stress about it. It is the holiday's after all. I want to enjoy it! I'm gonna go to the gym everyday (except Christmas, of course) that way if I do go over on my calories, hopefully the workouts I do will help! Good luck, everyone!
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have been with fitness pal for a long time and losing slow. I need to start getting serious about getting the weight off. I just don't think Christmas is the best time to start. I'm going to keep exercising and try not to over eat.
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    I'm pretty steady on progress, but decided to put my log into maintenance level (but also moved my activity rating down). I won't be eating any exercise calories back most likely, so it should balance out. I already know that I'll eat more than my loss settings, butI still want to have the responsibility of keeping within my maintenance calories. :)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My plan is to continue with my workout routine, to continue tracking everything that I eat, and getting enough rest and water. I will make room in my calories for the treats and foods that I want to eat, and skip the mindless snacking.
  • sh4ba
    sh4ba Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been dreading this period.. It' was my sounds birthday, Xmas in 4 days and then my anniversary on the 26th dec... Yikes... I am gonna be a size of a whale by the time it's 2013.... I live in London and my husband works in America... So when I live in London eating... I am very wise and careful, but in America everything kind of goes pear shaped (mainly me)... Before I came to the states last week... Everything was on track... Things started to fit, double chin starting to fade, but I can feel even after a week that everything is returning... Yikes... Please help!,
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It shouldn't matter if you are state side or in London. If you want it to work you need to put the effort in. BUT seeing that you have/had your birthday, Christmas and now an anniversary I would say keep making as good as choices as you can but at the same time enjoy yourself. Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary. Hope you have a great time.
  • sh4ba
    sh4ba Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks kokoforskinny, I am to stay in control but today I am already in deficit of 420 considering I am planning an intake of 1200... I guess it's just that time of year!!!
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Been from the UK and now live in north american the portations are defo way bigger over here than back home
    It shouldn't matter if you are state side or in London. If you want it to work you need to put the effort in. BUT seeing that you have/had your birthday, Christmas and now an anniversary I would say keep making as good as choices as you can but at the same time enjoy yourself. Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary. Hope you have a great time.
  • 300poundsdown
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!! We are eating Christmas dinner at a friends house so we will have no tempting leftovers to deal with! Also, they are cooking brisket which is very safe for me to eat. For me, it's not worth it to step too far outside the zone. I end up paying for it and it often makes me want to keep overeating later. I wish I could have splurge days but my splurge days always turn into splurge months and years!
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am planning in some long runs and exercise. I am going to have some treats, but not mindless binge and over eat for the sake of it. Im not a big drinker so no problems there. Think, plan and enjoy x