Face book or Not????

Options
Just a quick question to all. Is there anyone that has put their MFP Progress on their facebook page? How do you like it? Just curious. I am thinking of doing it.

Replies

• cruisegirl
    cruisegirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't and I don't plan to. My FB friends have no idea what MFP is and honestly, I think they'd get tired of seeing the posts after a while. Plus it's none of their business!! IMO, I think it's best to keep it here with people who actually know what MFP is all about.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I dont like it, I took it off yesterday after my status on FB went to that I have logged my calories for 80 days in a row. Like I really want my FB friends to know that. I had a friend comment on it that said thats why she is too skinny. If she didnt comment I wouldnt have not known. But yeah I dont like it at all. I think the weightloss stuff should stay on this site. There are a lot of people I think that get offended easily when you say you have lost weight.
  • Milliemm
    Milliemm Posts: 4
    Options
    I have not posted my status on facebook (FB). A while back when I was thinking about doing it I posted a general question to my friends of who has heard of or uses FB. Of my 155 friends only 2 responded that they had heard of it and only one actually uses it....so that made me decide against using it. Good luck to you. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't. Every now and then, I'll update on my Facebook status that I've lost weight or met a certain goal because I do have friends on there who are healthy, work out, and are interested in my weight loss. Instead of sharing MFP information, I created a blog to track my goals, weight loss and healthy decisions, and posted that on my Facebook & Twitter for those who want to follow it.

http://arielleippolito.blogspot.com
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have it but I only have it showing the exercises I did and that is because I have friends in different ways that also post the same kinds of things and we encourage each other. You can set it to show only what you want to show. I initially had it my status and exercise but took off the status updates.
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    I have mine on Facebook, but I only let it post pounds I've lost, I've turned off all other notifications. My friends are all really supportive, so I don't worry about it, plus they're not seeing that I've "logged in for x amount of days" or how I count calories, they're ONLY seeing pounds lost.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I have mine on Facebook, but I only let it post pounds I've lost, I've turned off all other notifications. My friends are all really supportive, so I don't worry about it, plus they're not seeing that I've "logged in for x amount of days" or how I count calories, they're ONLY seeing pounds lost.

I did the same -- only posts when I check-in & have lost weight. I'm not sure if I'll leave it or not because I don't want to annoy my fb friends about my weight loss. But for now I'm going to leave it.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :smile: Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your input.
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    No, I haven't and I don't plan to. My FB friends have no idea what MFP is and honestly, I think they'd get tired of seeing the posts after a while. Plus it's none of their business!! IMO, I think it's best to keep it here with people who actually know what MFP is all about.
    I totally agree; I want my facebook friends to see my progress when the SEE me; not on some updates from MFP!!:)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Also if I have to see all the posts about needing bricks for farmville or something for mafia wars what is it going to hurt that they see that I went and worked out.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to add mine to FB either. Personally what I do in this world (MFP) stays here as far as I am concerned. LOL