Does anyone use an exercise ball for their chair at work?

Options
Hi MFP friends. My personal trainer recommended that I replace my swivel chair at work with an exercise ball to help increase the # of calories I'm burning each day in addition to my regular cardio. I'm a little leary and was wondering if any of you do that or have ever tried? How did/do you like it? Is it annoying? Any input is greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've also been considering doing this. Thanks for asking! I also would like to see what others think about it!
  • alicegentz
    Options
    My dental hygenist does. You can buy ball-chairs that are more professional looking than a plain ball.
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    You can purchase the actual "ball chair" on Amazon. I think its around $70. I was thinking about doing it for my home office. I am sure it will be annoying until you get used to it...LOL:) But it will do wonders for you posture and your core area.
  • MyKidzMom
    MyKidzMom Posts: 97
    Options
    Where I used to work there were several people that used them. I have recently emailed my supervisor to ask if I can use mine, but will have to wait and see. You would think they would let me considering I work for a health insurance company.
  • SGailS10
    SGailS10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am up for it...who cares if doesn't look professional. I am going to bring in my pretty blue ball and brighten up my space and my day. If it helps burn even 50 more calories a day....great!! Thanks for the idea. I will try to report how it goes.