lose weight and gain a bit of muscle

Options
Hi all
I have about 75lb to lose and i want to gain some muscle as well as lose the weight.

so my question is how do i do this what do i need to know.

Replies

• _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Educate yourself, try different things to see what works for you. I didn't have much to lose (3 kgs/8 lbs), I'm still focusing on losing BF%.
    I worked out what my macros (carbs/fat/protein) needed to be, tried different styles of dieting (Leangains intermittent fasting was very successful for me), I've worked out 6-7 times a week (weights and cardio), but now I'm maintaining and trying to gain some muscle. I'm in the middle of NROLFW (The new rules of lifting for women by Lou Schuler) weights program and getting good results with 2 rest days per week when I don't go to the gym. I would like to gain a couple of kgs in lean body mass, so I'm erring on going over my maintenance calories rather than under.
    A lot of people do the eat-clean diet (by Tosca Reno) and seem to get good results. Try things for a few weeks (about a month) before you make a decision whether it works for you or not. My weight shot up when I switched to maintenance about a month ago, but now it's back down even though I'm eating more.