Hellooo

Hi everybody!!! My name is Veronica and I'm an exchange college student in the US from Brazil. I have the HARDEST time to maintain a healthy way. I'm 23 , and as I can remember I've been dieting since I was 10 years old. Ugh.
I was looking at weight loss websites today and remembered about My Fitness Pal account, so I am going to give it a go :)

My ultimate dream is to run 10k's, marathons, triathlons,etc. I just REALLY wanna run haha.
Sometimes I sign-up for 5ks but I can barely jog, and when I do, my chest, my arms and my feet burns like hell. It's awful and it pisses me off.
Anyways, since I'm super new here, I would like to make some friends!!! :)

Replies

• Veronica...good luck...just think positive and you will do it.
  • hendinerik
    hendinerik Posts: 287 Member
    Hi Veronica - I'm Erik - Maybe you can start with shorter runs and build up to 5K. Run for 5 minutes and take a break. Then do it again. Also get some good healthy food to energize you a few hours before. My experience is if you start out small and work up to a bigger goal, it's much easier. Good luck!
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 144 Member
    Welcome. Look at the couch to 5k program, it is a great way to building up to doing those races. I just started this week with that program, so feel free to add ma as a friend if you wish.