Oh Man...

Options
So, I travel for a living. I've been dreading the travel season, and had to deal with the first week of it last week.

I weighed in on March 25; came in at 244 pounds. That's a total of 23 lost pounds since I started my diet on January 4th.

I'm pretty sure I may have gained those 23 pounds back last week.

Cheeseburgers were the main culprit. Juicy, greasy, cheese-slathered burgers. With bacon. I even ate something called the "Titanic". Let that serve as a reminder to never eat anything bigger than your head. Oh, and the pizza. Mother of God, the pizza.

But, oh Sweet Jesus, it was good.

I went shopping this afternoon and bought everything I need to start fixing my own breakfast and lunch everyday, so I'm "back on the wagon", so to speak. I already know I can eat a dieter's menu and not starve, so I don't fear doing it like I did when I first started.

It's been a long while since I logged in here, so I thought I'd post my tales of dietary woe.

Now, back on track!

Replies

• hboughey
    hboughey Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Did you know that almost every place can sub boca burgers for real burgers. Once you add the bread and toppings, it tastes pretty darn good. It's not the same, but good.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yes we all do that sometimes but you dont fail when you fall off the wagon, even after all that. You fail by not getting back on, so congradulations on getting back on with us! And good luck.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with you here! It is so hard for me to eat right whenever I am away from home. For instance, this past weekend...ALL weekend... *shudder* But, as others have said, don't let it get you down :) Congrats on not just giving up! Also, when I have to eat fast food, I try (note that the key word here is TRY) to order off the dollar menu...small instead of medium fries, small instead of medium coke, etc.

Good luck with your travel season!
  • SydneyLedger
    Options
    Well, while I'm terribly sorry that you had such a crazy week when it came to food....I certainly did smile at your sense of humor about it all! I think that's a pretty good coping skill, seeing humor in the things we deal with on a daily basis...if you're not laughing, what's the point, right?? And I have to ask....NY style pizza?...that's my weakness :)
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't travel for a living but I do have to travel occasionally. It's tough to stay disciplined. I find it easier to maintain a workout than to eat right. I always choose a hotel with a fitness center.

When I do it "right" I also get a room with a mini-kitchen (fridge and microwave) and then hit the local grocery store immediately and stock up on breakfast/lunch and snacks. That way I'm really only eating out for dinner.

But I feel your pain because pizza is so EASY. And there you are, alone with an entire pizza and nothing to do all night but watch TV and eat.

Yikes. I don't know how the road warriors do it.