McD's inspired me!

SraArroz
SraArroz Posts: 238
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
So today I was running around and didn't have a lot of time. I grabbed a southwest salad with grilled chicken from McDonalds. It was ok, but oh so salty. I liked that it had 2 wedges of lime on it. Lemme tell ya~ that lime was awesome. That salad inspired me to want to make my own at home with salad veggies, rinsed black beans (to get rid of some sodium), no-salt added corn, fresh salsa and lime juice, and grilled chicken. I even got some baked tostitos if I want the crunch without the fried chips in it... who would think this RANCH lover would ever condsider a salad without dressing, just salsa and lime juice??? I'll let ya know if it's a success! :wink:

Replies

• cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    I totally agree. I like to purchase the fresh pico de gallo from the grocery store and use that as my dressing. Yummy!!
  • I would make my own salad any day over going to McD. I have not been there in so long and I don't miss it any. I do like the sound of your salad.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Yum! Salsa and lime make a great dressing. Ranch has its place, but it is awesome that you're opening up to new ideas.
This discussion has been closed.