Body Question!

Options
So this morning i weigh myself, and i was two pounds under from the last time i weighed myself, so i was feeling great! so i eat some breakfast, and now its lunchtime, and i just finished my tunafish sandwich, and a little bit after, i stepped on the scale and it seemed like i had gained those 2 pounds back! what the heck???

Replies

• JDAlder
    JDAlder Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Its never a good thing to weigh yourself twice a day, especially after eating. You also have to account for water weight and what not. It's weird, but you just gotta try to weighing once a week to not get discouraged
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Food and drink has weight too, just so you know.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    The scale will fluctuate with water retention, foods/liquids drank/eaten, and muscle gain. Measurements are a more accurate way to track your progress. Don't rely solely on the scale.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Its a fair practice to weigh yourself once a day, or week, around the same time, same place, same scale. Food and drinks will cause you to weigh more during the day. I only weigh in the morning before drinking or eating anything.
  • violingoddess1
    violingoddess1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yeah, you guys are right! i was just havinng a what the heck moment hahaha! :p
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: never weight more than once a week! body weight fluctuates in a days time too much. I weigh before I eat breakfast & after I go to the bathroom.
  • JUP1T3R
    Options
    The best time to weigh yourself is maybe once a week and at the end of the day when you know that you are done eating and drinking anything. Weighing yourself in the morning will always be a little lighter due to the fact that your body is in a metabolic fast state. throughout the night you float from anywhere between 1-2lbs and maybe more depending on the metabolism and other factors. Best advice though is weigh in at the end of the week and the end of the day every 2 weeks. that is when you will see big differences and the evening weigh in will tell you what your regular weight is.