Unsure New guy...Texas

Options
Hi all. Obviously I'm new here. My name is Matt. My wife and I just joined a gym on Thursday. Our first time in was Friday evening . At this point I have been 3 times in 2 days. I'm hopeful I can succeed. I'm a big guy. 6-3 and 321lbs. I don't have a target weight. I'm guessing it will be around 250 . I haven't been 250 since I was 15 years old. I'm going to need encouragement along rather way. That's where y'all come in.

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt! I'm Mike. Feel free to add me!
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt, feel free to add me. Your wife can as well. We're all here to help each other :)
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is an amazing place. The first thing you have to accept is this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. What you eat is 80% of the journey. (Yes, I know some people hate that word but can't think of another.)

If you eat clean, give up processed food and soda, drink water, and keep moving you will make you goals. There are people here who have lost over 300 lbs. Just remember, it's not a race. Be patient.

You can friend me if you like.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to say. Very brave to join two days before Christmas.
  • bbyme1068
    bbyme1068 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just found this site last night. Glad I did because I do not have much money and was going to customize a plan within a certain calorie range and track it, but all by hand and by myself. This site seems to be wonderful. I have to lose even more than you. Nice to have people to do it with...I am starting to track next qeek because starting before holidays seemed unwise and I need to plan for my success. Friend me if you want. Welcome! :bigsmile:
  • TCondor
    Options
    My wife & I are also doing this together. Having a partner at home to do this with me has always been my biggest motivator. That said, I've been on this site for a while now and it has been one of the best outside motivators for me. The friends I've made here are fun & groovy lot from all over the world. I'm always up for trading support & tips. Please feel free to add me if you like.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt! Feel free to add me. I've been here over a year and have met many of my goals. MFP is wonderful! Have your wife add me as well if you are both on here! :)
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am also 6-3...I've been up to 285 before, currently at 235 and trying to drop about another 10-15 pounds while toning up at the same time. Feel free to add if you would like :)
  • amrmatt
    Options
    First off. How do I add? Secondly about diet. I have had lap band about 4 years ago. It was semi sUccessfull as far as weight loss. We have revamped our diet, and changed about everything we eat. So far I have been since Friday , I have been to the gym 4 times. Lots of cardio and mild weight training. I am a very strong guy with lots of muscle. I just can't find most of it. Lol. I'm looking forward to tracking progress here and annoying you all with it. But in a good way. I do have a session with a trainer on Wednesday to help me out with the weight training portion.
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt

I'm Jade! Where in Texas are you? I'm moving back to Texas from Nevada to become a corrections officer in the spring! I'm from Houston originally!
  • amrmatt
    Options
    I am in Aledo. About 20 minutes west of Fort Worth. What part of Texas are you moving to?
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hoping for San Antonio, Houston or Galveston!

I was just up your way out at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls, TX, it was cold!
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.