Totally out of control!

Options
Hi! I am 44 and mother of one beautiful thin tall 17-year old daughter. Not sure how that happened... I am 5'2" and very overweight. I have gotten to the point where I struggle to do anything. I need to focus on getting my control back and getting not just down to the weight I should be, but healthy too. I have had some issues I had to take care of first, which one was part of my weight problem, but that is resolved but weight did not go away with it.

I really could use at least one or two friends on this site that need to lose as much as myself. We really need to support each other. However, would like a friends list of dedicated people no matter what shape they were and are in now.

Fyi - currently at 270 ...goal weight is 135.

Replies

• FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Please add me if you're willing to commit to log every day and have an open diary. I need all the help I can get!

Make today your BEST day!
  • jamstutz85
    Options
    I have around 200lbs to lose. Add me! if you'd like.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and you are in the right place if you are serious about improving your health / losing some weight. It has been my experience that if you're honest with yourself; logging everything you stick in your face and use this information to reshape your eating habits - you will succeed. Also, patience is key ~ this is not a "lose it overnight" type of plan. To me, this is a lifelong journey ~ if I plan to keep it off. All the best to you and congrats on returning your focus to You! :flowerforyou: Lori
  • hopestobelost
    Options
    I would love to help you. I need help and encouragement too. Every day I wake up and swear that today is the day - and sometimes it is - but usually I end up at the end of the day scratching my head at my inability to control myself. Sometimes I even know first thing in the morning that I will not do it.
    I have a minimum of 50 lbs. to lose and that is just to get me to a healthy acceptable weight. The last 10-15 will be negotiable. Keep in touch!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Bravo ....... make healthy decisions about food at each & every meal ...... baby steps work well ....... start today :drinker:
  • tcarmen12
    Options
    Well the way I see this is we are all in this together, If we are on this site its for the same purposes. I my self need the support also, I need to lose 30 plus pounds so add me , we can do this together and we can hold each other accountable. We, You, CAN DO THIS:)
  • Annaduurai
    Annaduurai Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have 94 more pounds to lose, feel free to add me if you would like.
  • sandrabevins
    Options
    Hi hun well done for joining here, add me to your friends list and i will try and help you along . Remember small goals are easier to win. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good morning, and you are in the right place if you are serious about improving your health / losing some weight. It has been my experience that if you're honest with yourself; logging everything you stick in your face and use this information to reshape your eating habits - you will succeed. Also, patience is key ~ this is not a "lose it overnight" type of plan. To me, this is a lifelong journey ~ if I plan to keep it off. All the best to you and congrats on returning your focus to You! :flowerforyou: Lori

mfp....best tool to lose weight if used as Lori said. send me a friend request if you'd like. jo ann
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't have as much weight to loose as you, but it's still a struggle to make the right choices. I had an ankle break that has me disabled from a lot of activites.. I'm working up to more but it's not back to normal yet. I've decided that the people that succeed are the ones that log in every day. Open your diary so your friends can try to help keep you in check. Just stick with it! Everyday is a goal you can win or lose. Weeks are a win or lose. Months are a win or lose. Weigh-in's are a win/lose. Lots of opportunities to win. Stick with it, make it matter every day... you'll start winning more than losing.
  • MKCD123
    MKCD123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have about 60-70lbs to lose and am new here too, but I log on everyday! Feel free to add me. This site has been very helpful to me so far!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have lost 72 pounds and am nearmy goal, but I am very postive and encouraging and would be happy to be your MFP friend.

You can do this - we can help.
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good for you for taking the first step! You're here and ready (that's half of the battle)!

I started my weight loss journey in November 2011 at 319 pounds. I hit a plateau around July 2012 and joined MFP. I'm happy to tell you that I weighed today at 241--78 pounds down!

I want to get to 170 pounds and go from there. Remember it's one meal, one day at a time. Good luck on your journey!
  • seriouslypinkchick
    Options
    Hi

i have sent a friend request i started in May 12 and lost 94lb so far but still got around 50lb+ to lose so will be here for sometime plus i still going to log one i get to my goal weight as i dont want to put on what i lost as i never want to go back to how i was 7 mths ago

SW 299lb - 8th May 2012
    CW 205lb - 23rd Dec 2012
    TW 147lb :) who knows hopefully 26th May 2013 - for my hol hehe :)
  • KatieSchoey
    Options
    You go girl! Way to take charge and treat your body well! I am probably old enought to be your Grandma so on need to worry about me.
    I am a preschool teacher and so want to keep teaching but my body is aging and my mind is young and full of zest!
    Take care and Merry Christmas
  • nikkimoox1
    Options
    add me if you want im new on here so could also use help x