PX90 or Insanity

Options
If you work out regularly but don't see the results you think you should, which do you think you should do?
PX90 or Insanity?? Which do you thing will give you the fastest and best results?

Replies

• NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We are doing P90X and certainly can feel it...right from the first workout.
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity, and lost an inch of my waist in the first week, and the workouts are Intense! But i've never done P90X so I really can't compare the two. I've heard nothing but good things about each. I chose Insanity because I do it from home, and I need it to be intense, but also simple, and P90x requires other things (pull up bar) and other things, and with Insanity it was just the DVD's that's required. So that was why I chose Insanity! But to be honest, i've seen other threads, comparing the two, and throughout each program, the different exercises seem to be on the same level of difficulty, and results.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have been doing p90x for 10 weeks now and LOVE IT! I get a great workout and really enjoy doing it. My husband is currently doing insanity and I tried the "pure cardio" dvd yesterday and OMG!! It kicked my butt! They are very similar in moves but insanity is just stepped up a whole big notch! I really struggled to do it. If you are really fit, I would say insanity would be give you faster results...but if you are just not used to extreme cardio I would do p90x. I seriously dont think I could keep up with insanity yet. I am doing 1 more round of p90x then on to insanity.
    which ever you do....they both will give great results!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity, and lost an inch of my waist in the first week, and the workouts are Intense! But i've never done P90X so I really can't compare the two. I've heard nothing but good things about each. I chose Insanity because I do it from home, and I need it to be intense, but also simple, and P90x requires other things (pull up bar) and other things, and with Insanity it was just the DVD's that's required. So that was why I chose Insanity! But to be honest, i've seen other threads, comparing the two, and throughout each program, the different exercises seem to be on the same level of difficulty, and results.

actually you do not HAVE to use the pull up bar...you can use the bands that come with the dvd's. But you do need other items with p90x like dumbells, and optional yoga mat if u have a hard floor.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you work out regularly but don't see the results you think you should, which do you think you should do?
    PX90 or Insanity?? Which do you thing will give you the fastest and best results?

Either would do the trick. P90X will build more lean muscle which in turn will burn more fat on a regular basis. Insanity is more cardio-based so it will burn fat during the workout and up for a time afterwards. Both are intense programs, and both will challenge your body to it's MAX! So it's kind of up to you. I have done a couple rounds of P90X and I've done one of the Insanity workouts....I have to say that I could NOT keep up with the Insanity workout. I don't think even the people in the videos can keep up with the workouts! LOL! You will need some equipment with P90X (I did pull downs with the resistance bands instead of pull ups, so you don't need a pull up bar). With Insanity, you won't need any additional equipment unless you get the deluxe program which does have some strength training in it.

If you want more cardio, go with Insanity...if you want more strength training, go with P90X. Personally, I prefer Tony Horton to Shaun T., but that's just my personal preference. I plan to purchase and complete Insanity one day soon though! I can't resist the challenge!!

I am a Beachbody Coach, if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help!
    Tina
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Mathematically ... Insanity is 60 days and P90X is 90 days long.

They'll both show great results as long as you're willing to commit and stick with their nutrition plans.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I ordered insanity... just because it was harder and we're leaving to MX in 48 days lol...

I'm going to try to do the gym at lunch and insanity in the evening lol...

We'll see what actually happens.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options

Either would do the trick. P90X will build more lean muscle which in turn will burn more fat on a regular basis. Insanity is more cardio-based so it will burn fat during the workout and up for a time afterwards. Both are intense programs, and both will challenge your body to it's MAX! So it's kind of up to you. I have done a couple rounds of P90X and I've done one of the Insanity workouts....I have to say that I could NOT keep up with the Insanity workout. I don't think even the people in the videos can keep up with the workouts! LOL! You will need some equipment with P90X (I did pull downs with the resistance bands instead of pull ups, so you don't need a pull up bar). With Insanity, you won't need any additional equipment unless you get the deluxe program which does have some strength training in it.

If you want more cardio, go with Insanity...if you want more strength training, go with P90X. Personally, I prefer Tony Horton to Shaun T., but that's just my personal preference. I plan to purchase and complete Insanity one day soon though! I can't resist the challenge!!

I am a Beachbody Coach, if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help!
    Tina

Thanks Tina. Insanity it is!
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous!!! lol
    Let us know how you like Insanity! You're gonna be smokin' hawt in 60 days!!
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I can tell you this right now, you better be in good condition to do insanity. The workouts will break you down. I would not recommend starting with insanity without having some previous hard cardio workouts. Before I tried insanity, I had completed 2 rounds of p90x. If you do start, take it easy and take more breaks so you can work your way up. Almost all the "athletes" in the video have to take breaks too, just be prepared to work at an unbelievable pace.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    I can tell you this right now, you better be in good condition to do insanity. The workouts will break you down. I would not recommend starting with insanity without having some previous hard cardio workouts. Before I tried insanity, I had completed 2 rounds of p90x. If you do start, take it easy and take more breaks so you can work your way up. Almost all the "athletes" in the video have to take breaks too, just be prepared to work at an unbelievable pace.

OH trust me!! I will be taking it at my pace (I always do even in class) no sense in hurting myself then I can't work out for a week or worst. I push myself as hard as I can go, understanding I have some limitations (right now...being new).

Thanks for your post though!! I'll keep you updated.

Tina :) your lips to Gods ears.