TALL WOMEN: what is your goal weight?

Options
I am about 5'9.5"and I currently weigh about 185. I wear a 12 or 14 depending on the brand, have 36d breasts, and to be honest child bearing hips. I have no idea what I want my goal weight to be. I am 19 and am a freshman in college, at my lowest point I weight 201. I decided I needed to change and have dropper 16lb to be 185! I want to lose more, but what would be a good weight?

Replies

• Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm also a 5'9" female. My ideal weight is 145 lbs. I typically maintain at 145 assuming I am eating reasonably healthy and exercising regularly. However, during the past year, I gained 15 lbs. simply due to lack of exercise and poor eating habits. I hope to get back into my usual healthy routines and get back to 145 as soon as possible.

Also, FWIW, I have dropped below my goal weight on two occasions, down to 135 lbs, due to stress/lack of appetite, not due to wanting to get to that weight. It was WAY too low, my friends and family nicknamed me "Skeletor" and it was just not healthy.
  • kaitlyng97
    Options
    I am also "5 9.5" inches tall, and I weigh roughly 150-154lbs at the moment. My goal weight is 140, but I try not to focus compleatly on the scale number, since I do want to tone up and that will add weight (not fat, per say). I have lost about 75lbs over the past year and a half, and would like to get the last ten off. It's getting harder to go down, I am slowly but surely doing it. 140lbs is the absolute skinniest I want to go, or I will start to look sickly.
    If you check out the height- to-weight ratio chart on www.disabled-world.com, It says your target weight should be 150 pounds, and the minimum 129 pounds for a woman standing at a height of "5 9". If you look it up it basically tells you to weigh between 140-170lbs, also depending on your frame and muscle mass.
    Hope I could help, good luck on your journey.