Four Weeks NSVs

Options
Today marked four weeks since starting my weight loss/fitness journey. I've been looking forward to today for forever because ever four weeks I promised myself that I would take a new picture for my profile along with all of my updated measurements. Which I did. And I can definitely see a difference. (Feel free to check them out for yourself on my profile.)

But all day today I've felt rather blue. I know that I'm smaller than I was, but I look in the mirror and feel bigger than ever. I know it's irrational, and it's just the hateful part of my mind trying to drag me down.

I've been telling myself how far I've come in only four weeks. It IS a huge deal! I guess I just wanted to write them down and maybe that will reignite my enthusiasm.

1. I've lost 18 pounds. (I surpassed my first goal of losing 10 pounds.)
2. I've lost several inches.
3. I can now run ten minutes straight when four weeks ago it was a struggle to run two.
4. I made my best time on the mile. Ever.
5. I've biked, walked and run a total of 216ish miles.
6. I can bench press heavier weights.

I feel a bit better after reminding myself about what I've accomplished. Here's hoping it will be even more impressive after another four.

I'd love some more friends for encouragement! I'm much better at cheering others on than I am myself sometimes.

Replies

• mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    All of these things are awesome! You are killing it! :happy:
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    you're doing very well!!

keep it up!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I looked at your comparison pictures. The difference is amazing! You are doing a great job. Keep it up. And keep posting to encourage us.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!