Workout video recommendations needed!

Options
Hi everyone. I've been doing the Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones which I ABSOLUTELY love. Sometimes when I don't have time I do the 30 day shred. Does anyone know of any other good circuit training videos that don't include an obnoxious bouncy hoppity instructor? That's why I love Jillian so much. But you can only do the same workout for so long before it gets old, as much as I do love it! Every time I try a new one I hate the instructor and go back to doing Jillian's. Which obviously isn't a bad thing, just would like to try something new. Maybe something slightly more challenging.
Thanks!

Replies

• mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I personally like Bob Harper with the Biggest Loser cardio max and boot camp. Jillian is on the cardio max but I haven't gotten to that level yet. :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian's Metabolism Boost video? It's like No More Trouble Zones, but more cardio focused, but same style and same length of time.

All of the Biggest Loser DVDs (30 Day Jump Start, Last Chance Workout and Cardio Max) are all circuit based and don't have the annoying bouncy trainers.

I also really like 10 Minute Knockout Body, which is a kickboxing DVD I bought at Walmart. The DVD has five different 10 minute segments you can mix and match for your workout. I love it!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    http://exercisetv.tv has some free videos that you can watch online ranging anywhere from a few minutes to 40 minutes.

I am a big fan of the website http://bodyrock.tv They aren't so much videos that you follow along with exactly, but the woman who runs the site posts abbreviated videos of her circuit workouts showing all of the different moves so that you can do them yourself. Most of the videos use mostly bodyweight exercises and minimal equipment, like the Shred. I've been really inspired by that site and have borrowed a lot of the moves to mix and match and make up my own circuits.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout as well!
  • sparklebritches
    Options
    I have been loving Jari Love, particularly Ripped to the Core and Lean and Defined.

It's about an hour, weights, and crazy reps (think almost 100 continuous squats plus pulsing, supermans, spider push-ups, etc).

Seriously, it goes by quickly. She's tough, not too perky and no bouncing but the high reps really help elevate your heart.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Chalean Johnson's workout dvd on beachbody. She mixes cardio
    and weights into her training. There's a dvd I think for each month. So you can
    always mix things up.

Doug
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Have you tried Jillian's Metabolism Boost video? It's like No More Trouble Zones, but more cardio focused, but same style and same length of time.

All of the Biggest Loser DVDs (30 Day Jump Start, Last Chance Workout and Cardio Max) are all circuit based and don't have the annoying bouncy trainers.

I also really like 10 Minute Knockout Body, which is a kickboxing DVD I bought at Walmart. The DVD has five different 10 minute segments you can mix and match for your workout. I love it!
    I have to second this one... I love Knockout body, my set came with weighted gloves which add a little extra. It is sufficiently challenging and I usually do all 5 segments together.
  • brianhin
    brianhin Posts: 28
    Options
    If you don't like annoying bouncy trainers, I would recommend Shaun T's INSANITY produced by Beachbody. It will work you like you wouldn't believe and it's definitely far from bouncy. I mix that up with some of my other workouts and it's excellent for core & conditioning.
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you have cable TV, go to "On Demand" and then go to Exercise. You can use several exercise video's for free. This is an excellent way to try them before you buy them.......... to find out if you like the trainer or the program! Good luck!
  • LBMann941
    Options
    I love Cathe Friedrich's workouts especially her STS series!
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I like Denise Austin, she has a wide variety of DVDs.