I don't see the changes.

Options
So the scales show I have lost the weight, and my family says they can see it, but honestly I don't. I don't see it. I don't feel it. I feel sick any time I eat now.
I started this nearly a year ago and now I am at 183 pounds. I have looked at picture between then and now I don't see what they or my co workers see.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    It is really common. Your brain will catch up, it just takes a while. Or maybe when you buy new clothes in a smaller size you will be able to accept it.
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    not very helpful but i feel exactly the same way, i still feel as fat as when i started.

i know i'm not - the scales tell me... my new (smaller) underwear tells me... and my clothes are much loser tells me...
  • mactaffy84
    mactaffy84 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Our brains are funny organs; maybe it is due to the fact that each single brain has two hemispheres. One with which we we analyze and one with which we feel. I'd also like to know when the "feel" catches up with the "know". I think it is common to have this dichotomy, but it certainly is frustrating. Maybe some brilliant neurobiologist researcher will figure out the biochemistry of this horrid little fact and that will lead to some sort of cure for those of us who suffer with this problem. Until then, I think we are going to have to rely on believing what family and friends tell us, or we will all be driven crazy!

On a happier note, I hope everyone has a nice Christmas (or other holiday if that were to be more appropriate). Wishing everyone a safe and healthy New Year.