Anyone else want to join me??

Options
After watching Dr. Oz today I've done some research and come to the conclusion that I am going to give a try to the DNA theory of weight loss. It makes sense, and at this point I figure, what have I got to lose? Hopefully A LOT of weight!!!

I'm going to be starting a low carbohydrate diet. I would like anyone to join me who wants some extra support and is going to be doing the same type of thing! We could share recipes, emotions..offer support!

Anyway, planning on making Saturday, April 10 my official starting day for this. I am choosing Saturday because I do my grocery shopping on Fridays and I figure if I want to splurge on the weekend I have all week to make up for it before my next weigh in! haha

I'm also recovering from a bad automobile accident that I suffered some broken bones from, so I'm going to be taking the exercise part a bit slower than I want but it's all about the baby steps!

Anyone interested please let me know!!!!

Replies

• amylillian
    amylillian Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested! I'd like more info on the DNA diet though! Is it just low carb or does it depend on the person?

We can be diet buddies!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    It depends on each person, there was Low Fat, Low Carb and Balanced Diet. Here's a link for more info from today's Dr. Oz show!

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/exploring-perfect-diet-your-genes
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    I am currently on a low carb diet. Whenever I have been successful at losing weight limiting my carbs has always given me results. Certainly Atkins diet is one avenue and south beach is another, but I know I have seen results monitoring and restricting my carbs. I'm down 34lbs since January 4th, I hope you give it a try and find success. Good luck!
  • amylillian
    amylillian Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    According to the website I need to try the low-fat diet! I think I can handle that. haha

April 10th sounds good too!
    And I wont be able to exercise TOO much at first either, because I'm so busy with school and performances. We can do this!
  • mishtamesh
    Options
    Hi, all, I would definitely like to join! I've always known that carbs are my weak spot in terms of food, and it has always been clear to me that if I am to loose any weight I would have to cut down on my favorites - bread and soft drinks. I've been trying to stick to it for a while with some progress, but there is a long road ahead of me. I would love some company on my way! And as for the exercise - none for me as well, since I am looking at an orthopedic surgery (mid April) and a pretty long recovery. So I guess I'll see you on the starting line on April 10th, then?
  • Arienna
    Options
    According to the website I need to try the low-fat diet! I think I can handle that. haha

April 10th sounds good too!
    And I wont be able to exercise TOO much at first either, because I'm so busy with school and performances. We can do this!

That's great! :)
    Hi, all, I would definitely like to join! I've always known that carbs are my weak spot in terms of food, and it has always been clear to me that if I am to loose any weight I would have to cut down on my favorites - bread and soft drinks. I've been trying to stick to it for a while with some progress, but there is a long road ahead of me. I would love some company on my way! And as for the exercise - none for me as well, since I am looking at an orthopedic surgery (mid April) and a pretty long recovery. So I guess I'll see you on the starting line on April 10th, then?

I am definitely a carb addict! It will be a very tough road ahead of me as well. I am thinking I am going to try and focus on the South Beach Diet for a guideline here, unless I find something more appealing between now and Saturday.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i saw this on tv last night too, crazy! and then i looked it up before coming online so i could post it :P

i don't know too many low carb diets, but that is where i fit in. my waist is exponentially bigger than even my heavier set friends, people would never guess it.

i also lose weight fast which i am lucky for, so i think i am going to look into the south beach diet as well, or the zone. i want to eat some carbs still, no atkens for me.
  • Arienna
    Options
    i saw this on tv last night too, crazy! and then i looked it up before coming online so i could post it :P

i don't know too many low carb diets, but that is where i fit in. my waist is exponentially bigger than even my heavier set friends, people would never guess it.

i also lose weight fast which i am lucky for, so i think i am going to look into the south beach diet as well, or the zone. i want to eat some carbs still, no atkens for me.

No Atkins for me either, I love fruit and other good carbs :) I have a South Beach Diet book already and I really like the system they use, I will definitely be using this!
  • foxyforce
    Options
    this is terrific! I will post any great recipes I find and let you know how it goes.
  • joleeng
    joleeng Posts: 3
    Options
    this is an awesome idea. i just got done watching dr. oz also!! I would love to join and give some good recipes and support.=)
  • foxyforce
    Options
    this is an awesome idea. i just got done watching dr. oz also!! I would love to join and give some good recipes and support.=)

which eating style did you come in under
  • Arienna
    Options
    How about on Saturday I start a topic under support topics and we can just check in there? :)
  • foxyforce
    Options
    How about on Saturday I start a topic under support topics and we can just check in there? :)

sure thing
  • Arienna
    Options

sure thing

Alright! Sounds good to me :) That gives us 3 days to get everything together!
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I am The Low-Carb diet, which is going to be so hard cause I love my pasta. Maybe if i switched to whole grain will that make a difference? As for exercise I hate it, mostly cause I have to do it by myself. I can't get a buddy cause all my friends are either too busy or WILL NOT do exercise at all. so I'm all by myself here, so exercise is pretty slow, but I am trying...
  • Arienna
    Options
    I would like to join. I am The Low-Carb diet, which is going to be so hard cause I love my pasta. Maybe if i switched to whole grain will that make a difference? As for exercise I hate it, mostly cause I have to do it by myself. I can't get a buddy cause all my friends are either too busy or WILL NOT do exercise at all. so I'm all by myself here, so exercise is pretty slow, but I am trying...

I love pasta, too! And rice..and cereal and bread! haha plus all the sweets of course... Whole grain is definitely a better option but I just looked at the back of one of my pasta boxes that's whole grain, it still has a net total of 35 carbs. I would say it's ok once in a while but definitely try to stray away from it. Glad to have you with us!!!!
  • Arienna
    Options
    Just wanted you all to know, I am actually starting up my 2 weeks on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet tomorrow :) Why wait?! I'm excited! And bummed no more yummy carbs, at least not for two weeks haha.
  • Arienna
    Options
    Scratch that! Still going strong starting tomorrow...had a surprise party thrown for me at work cause I got a promotion...ughhhhhh i did tell my coworkers now that I am starting a 'diet' on saturday so no more surprises :)
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    well I haven't started yet, but I plan on starting tomorrow the 26th. Been crazy busy lately and I've gained all my weight back from stress and a lot of carbs. So tomorrow is it, I'm sticking with it.