Nice addition to oatmeal

Options
I love Scottish oats with some flax seed thrown in during the last few minutes cooking. Have recently started adding a tablespoon of slivered almonds at the same time. Serve over some Fage Greek yogurt and sprinkle with cinnamon and this is a delightful oatmeal breakfast. Just passing on if anyone else wants to try it.

Replies

• BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I usually just add some honey.
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have something similar too. Instead of almonds I add sunflower and pumpkin seeds to my porridge oats, along with golden flax seeds. Tasty.
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something I'll have to try. I normally add some chopped apple, protein powder, cinnamon, and almond milk, and sometimes flaxseed.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I will have to try the sunflower and pumpkin seeds too! Love, love, love honey but trying to cut back on my sugars.

Great additions folks
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    i do the same but also add a few raisins or dried cranberries :)
  • mmehalshick
    Options
    I love oatmeal, but found that it tends to take up the calories! Hoping to lose this weight ... goal is to be under 200lb by Feb 28th, my 30th birthday!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I add 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup of blueberries and cinnamon to 1 cup of cooked steel cut oats. The best way to start off my day for 212 calories of yumminess. :smile:
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    My almost everyday breakfast...but raw oats..and vanilla protein