Just sayin...headless and torso-less photos..

Options
I am an "old timer" here at MFP but I still have never understood the bare chested, yet headless, photos of all the men. I've also never understood the huge amount of "leg crossed" leg only photos of females.

Yes I understand you're all proud and you have a right to be, but these shots seem to be meant to be "come hither". I fear that with the posts I've been reading and the influx of "pick up line" friend requests in my inbox that MFP has tuned into a new match.com.

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Anonymity and auto-cropping.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Live and let live :)

Oh, how you doin'? :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I am an "old timer" here at MFP but I still have never understood the bare chested, yet headless, photos of all the men. I've also never understood the huge amount of "leg crossed" leg only photos of females.

Yes I understand you're all proud and you have a right to be, but these shots seem to be meant to be "come hither". I fear that with the posts I've been reading and the influx of "pick up line" friend requests in my inbox that MFP has tuned into a new match.com.

MFP is a free/public website, so there are going to be flaws. However, it is still the best online weight loss tool I've found so far. I usually just try to check out someone's profile before I accept their friend request. If they have their profile hidden, if they haven't completed their profile, or if I get the impression that they are not here for the sole purpose of living a healthy lifestyle, I don't accept the friend request.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    no different than someone with a completely private profile.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Really?

srs.jpg

Here's an idea. Don't worry about what other people do. Take what YOU want from this site, post the profile pictures that YOU want to, and mind your own d@mn business.

Yep, I have my legs in my picture, and? It's Christmas, and I like my socks. I'm not here to pick up people or be picked up, but if others are, so what? How is that affecting your life?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Some dudes are creeps yes, but it's not just shirtless ab dudes. There are plenty of absolute dirtbags on this site who look like crap with their shirts off.

If a guy wants to show his progress there's no better way than to lose the shirt.

But if your face is in the pic.. and on the internet..

Let's just say I found out at Christmas my Uncle's wife has a pic on her phone I really wish she didn't. Stupid cowboy hat.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I figured out if you have a portrait-shaped profile pic, then it cuts your head off when it crops it for forum posts.
    <<See? lol
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it certainly has changed around here in the last 4 years.

more body builders than ever and more threads in chit chat than ever and all those "is the poster above you cute" stuff.

nothing wrong with body builders being here, some add valuable information, but some think being able to lift a lot of weight is the end rather than the means to fitness.

BUT...it is still the best free calorie counter available
  • UticaBoy51
    UticaBoy51 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I don't think everything has to be so serious. Have fun, my goal is to be a headless torso guy :)
  • mmehalshick
    Options
    Looking for some friends on MFP to help motivate me! :)
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    BUT ... if I put my face in my pic all my Real Friends that Really know me would call me out on all my fake pics ;)

My face is what it is ... I am sure some probably do I just can't get myself to lift Heavy on Face Day at the gym ;) ... Peronsally I don't mind having my face in my pics ... some of mine do ... but not what I focused on and I would guess many of us are somewhat narcissitic ... if I take up avatar space with my mug, my abs don't show as well ;)
  • Minki1990
    Options
    Looking for some friends on MFP to help motivate me! :)

That was so random lol
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    sorry :(
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    tumblr_lxxdl3MeYQ1r35wfvo1_400.gif
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
  • BethanyRTS
    Options
    Yes yes, I get all that and understand it! It just seems like every board and comment section I keep seeing these same things. Maybe I'm jealous because I don't fit in the abs shot only or HEY LOOK AT MY SEXY LEGS group. Yes I'm jealous, woe is me---gag.

*sigh"
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Nobody suggested you were jealous so thanks for the insight :laugh:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Yes yes, I get all that and understand it! It just seems like every board and comment section I keep seeing these same things. Maybe I'm jealous because I don't fit in the abs shot only or HEY LOOK AT MY SEXY LEGS group. Yes I'm jealous, woe is me---gag.

*sigh"

You can always take a close up cleavage shot and then you'd fit right in! :happy:

ETA- Oops, that kinda sounded like I was hitting on you. My bad. sorry.:blushing:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It's ok, jealousy can be a wonderful motivator. Even people in amazing shape are jealous of someone else's physique.

<---And this is just for you doll.
  • BethanyRTS
    Options
    THANK you!