Hi, I am Paul from Salisbury UK

Options
psmith64
psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
Hi,

I am Paul from Salisbury in the UK.

I used an online weight loss web site three years back to lose 7 stone in one year.

I have relaxed a little over the last 18 months and have regained 1 1/2 stone, most of which is in the last year after illness and death of my mother - yes, stress played a big part in my battle with weight over most of my adult life.

I am now more determined than ever to get back to where I was a year or so back, and I think this site, like the last one is great resource for doing just that.

Stick with it, eating the right foods, getting some exercise, and being in the right frame of mind.

For anyone that is interested, here was the story of my last success.

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/weight_loss/success_story/psmith.htm

Hope to make some good motivational friends with the same goals over the course of time.

Regards

Paul

Replies

• aisha11188
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your stress, Paul but its not good for your heart. I wish you all the best and good luck in acheiving your goals.
  • psmith64
    Options
    I know its not. Work contributed to most of my stress, but i did eventually do something about that. I changed jobs, and that was a great help.

I think anyone goes through a one off stress when a close family member dies, I certainly did.

I am now back on track mentally and exercise is a great stress reliever as I have found over the past few years.

Fortunately I have addressed it and have never been healthier, my blood pressure has dropped from 158/90 to 117/76, and my heart rate has dropped from around 72 to 58.

But you are right, if you continue to let stress get to you long term, I would imagine it will have bad effects on blood pressure, and eventually the heart.

Regards

Paul
  • emahjain
    emahjain Posts: 13
    Options
    Best of luck Paul.
  • nikolax
    nikolax Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Paul welcome..... im sure you will find everyone here very friendly and helpfull.....im also a UK member ( a yorkshire lass) i found this site via an APP for my I phone.....I love it...I know every were I go my phone is with me so if I do eat anything - phone out and input it straight away...

Well must go got work to do....:)..xx
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • psmith64
    Options
    Hi Paul welcome..... im sure you will find everyone here very friendly and helpfull.....im also a UK member ( a yorkshire lass) i found this site via an APP for my I phone.....I love it...I know every were I go my phone is with me so if I do eat anything - phone out and input it straight away...

Well must go got work to do....:)..xx

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, like yourself I found this amzing app via my iPhone, the iPhone never ceases to amaze me !!

Regards

Paul
  • psmith64
    Options
    Best of luck Paul.

Thank you - and same to you too !!

Regards

Paul
  • psmith64
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Hi - hopefully see you around on the message boards !!

Regards

Paul
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Paul,

Good luck with your Journey! Im another UK'er and this site has helped a lot!! Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

Katherine x
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Hi Paul, I'm from UK too (Lincolnshire) and this site has helped me loads so far!

Best of luck! :smile:
  • ACCTGQUEEN
    ACCTGQUEEN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your mom! I lost both my dad and my brother a few years back, so I understand completely! Good luck on your weight loss journey! Hope to see you around!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul...Welcome...I am not from the UK :cry: but I have visited :happy: Good luck on your journey back to a healthier you. Cheers!!
  • Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi Paul,

Im from Glasgow. Sorry to hear about all your stresses................im no stranger to stress believe me LOL. That is why im the size i am now!!!! I will go onto the site you mentioned and have a wee read at your story. I joined yesterday and i need all the motivation i can get.

:flowerforyou:
    Wishing you well in the rest of your weight loss journey

XXXX
  • yoderrick
    yoderrick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome Paul - good luck in getting back on track.
  • MistahLee31
    MistahLee31 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hey Paul,

Another UK'er here, sorry to hear about your loss.

However, good luck with your weight loss journey, there are plenty of great people on here that will help you out no end. You can find us UK'ers on the Team UK April 2010 thread on the Motivation and Support part of the forum. Come in and introduce yourself to the rest of the crew. :-)

Take it easy

Lee.