Frequent and active MFP users c'mhere :)

Options
I am not new to MFP, I am new to the community. What are the most active message board groups, how else can I become an active member in the community?

I am super active in the WW message board world, but trying to venture into more fitness/weightloss/health message boards.

Anyone else a runner?

I am starting training Jan 1st, to prepare for my first 1/2 marathon, and TOUGH MUDDER.

Replies

• plaingirly
    Options
    I tend to click on "Recent Posts" and just comment from there. I tend to spend equal time on my home page chatting with friends and us all motivating each other!

Your blog is very cute (saw it on another comment) and I am now following!
  • sarahmaren
    Options
    Hi Miss Kelly! I'm a runner too! Doing my first half January 20th. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)

When I started getting more involved in the community here I just kind of surfed around and commented on things that interested me. That's how I gained some great friends and supporters. I opened my diary, let people help and gave suggestions where I could. I also shared my before/during pics and that helped too. The community can be great here... just remember that ALL advise is autobiographically (even this!) and do what works FOR YOU! I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing how your running goes!

Welcome!
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Thanks guys! I am looking forward to being a more active user in the community!

Thank you for becoming a follower :)

and I am glad there are fellow runners in my presence! Good luck on your first 1/2! I am scared to death...I won't be able to survive lol.
  • phoenixwizard64
    Options
    hey guys! could y'all friend me on MFP? i think having an active group of MFPers would help me stay on track :)
    so excited to make a change!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Haaay! I'm a runner too - preparing for my first half marathon in February! I also did a Spartan Sprint (same idea as a Tough Mudder) in November. I LOVED it - you'll have a blast.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Spartan Sprint, I will have to look into that! I am afraid, of the Arctic enema, and the electric shocks, everything else I think I will be able to handle.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Spartan Sprint, I will have to look into that! I am afraid, of the Arctic enema, and the electric shocks, everything else I think I will be able to handle.

Yes you will. Spartan Races are the leader in mud runs.

You'll know at the finish line.
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Looking into this now.

Brett your from Pittsburgh? Awesome, so am I. I love finding random Pittsburgh area people!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Yes you will. Spartan Races are the leader in mud runs.

You'll know at the finish line.

Do I want to know what an "arctic enema" is?
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Arctic enema... Swimming through a pool of slushy freezing ice.

I heard it is a very uncomfortable experience.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Did someone order an enema?
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Arctic enema... Swimming through a pool of slushy freezing ice.

I heard it is a very uncomfortable experience.

I agreed to join a tough mudder team for July. Looking through obstacles. I'M GONNA DIEEEEEE
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    Just work on strength training! :)

I have zero upper body strength going to try to tackle that for the next 8 months!