Can't ...stop...EATING!!

Options
Every have one of those days when you are hungry...all day!! It's 6pm and I have already gone over my 1200 calorie day... about 250 calories over..and I'm still hungry!!! I know I will be doing my 60 minutes on the treadmill but still...why do we have these days where nothing is helping the hunger?!:sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Every have one of those days when you are hungry...all day!! It's 6pm and I have already gone over my 1200 calorie day... about 250 calories over..and I'm still hungry!!! I know I will be doing my 60 minutes on the treadmill but still...why do we have these days where nothing is helping the hunger?!:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • michyrn
    michyrn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of those days :cry: Have you tried any of the Special K products (Protein H2O, Chocolate Bars) they work pretty good for me when i cant seem to fill up
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Try drinking some more water
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I noticed once I added more fiber into my diet I was full easier... a fiber one bar (oats and chocolate) and bottle of water and that helps. Just as alil snack attack!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I noticed once I added more fiber into my diet I was full easier... a fiber one bar (oats and chocolate) and bottle of water and that helps. Just as alil snack attack!

Wow, what a fabulous idea Crystal!!! LMAO :wink:

It is so true though. Fiber rich foods definitely help you to feel fuller for a longer period of time. Helps me get through my day for sure!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

It is so true though. Fiber rich foods definitely help you to feel fuller for a longer period of time. Helps me get through my day for sure!

and I forgot to add I learned that from Tam! I wasn't trying to steal her spotlight! lmao! Tam got me hooked on fiber one bars. Also Thomas Whole Grain Light English Muffins with laughing cow cheese and a bottle of water... Learned that from Tam as well... heck none of my ideas are my own but the darn bottle of water! lmao :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've been having a really bad 8 days. One day I do great and the next I do horribly.
    When I first started MFP I used to write down everything that pissed me off in a journal (every night). then I started written down all the good things and I eventually stop writing cuz everything seemed so good in my life. Well, I think I need to start using my journal again because I'm falling into my negative ways again I need to pump some positive vibes back into my life.

I guess my point is that I tend to eat a lot when I'm down, upset or kids are driving me nuts.

Lots of luck and stay strong!! We feel your pain!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

and I forgot to add I learned that from Tam! I wasn't trying to steal her spotlight! lmao! Tam got me hooked on fiber one bars. Also Thomas Whole Grain Light English Muffins with laughing cow cheese and a bottle of water... Learned that from Tam as well... heck none of my ideas are my own but the darn bottle of water! lmao :laugh:

Oh please!! Steal away Crystal!! HAHA! I am just happy everyone is learning the secret to feeling satisfied! :wink: :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Yea, I've had those days before. I just eat. It's very seldom that I have a really hungry day, and it generally happens after I've been lifting hard and running a ton without a break for a long time, so when it happens I just go ahead and refeed. Same clean food, just more of it, and generally higher in carbs to refill glycogen. It generally results in a 1-2 lb gain in glycogen in water, which I lose again in a couple days. No harm done. It's just a part of an active lifestyle.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Thanks girls! glad to know I'm not the only one who has these days.. The Fiber and Journal ideas are great ones! I know ..for me ..when there is a lot going on the only thing that seems to satisfy me is eating...so that is something I need to watch..And there is definitely a lot going on right now..especially this week because my 10 yr old is going in for surgery on Friday..and we went to the Orientation/tour of the children's hospital today so I think that played a big part emotionally.. Along with I am in the process of changing jobs.. ( mind you I have been a stay at home mom since the age of 18..taking care of other peoples kids to bring in some money..so as real job... sounds soo scary right now!!)