Anyone LARP?!

Options
2»

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap!!!! ME!! I used to kind of be a big deal. This was me.....with the lightning bolts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ekugPKqFw

Your pic is wrong man! but the best thing I have ever seen, but wrong, but hilarious, cant stop looking haa
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Holy Crap!!!! ME!! I used to kind of be a big deal. This was me.....with the lightning bolts.

Your pic is wrong man! but the best thing I have ever seen, but wrong, but hilarious, cant stop looking haa

It was my wife's idea. She said it would be great for the Christmas card.......The baby should have been naked like a real cherub huh?
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Yes, in the UK.
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what LARP meant. So.. there's your answer.

exactly...and i'm still not sure :-\
  • celestialbadger
    Options
    Yes, but not done it for many years now.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    There are other LARPers here?!?!?
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    i have a secret wish to LARP. oops..guess its no longer a secret! im pretty sure theres no one in my town that does it:( lol small towns ya know! if anyone saw me LARPING they'd think id have gone insane.. hehe....but i would do it!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i'd like to get a group of people together with paintball guns to ambush a bunch of LARPers. we could even role play that we are from the distant future and have gone back in time to correct the timeline.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what LARP meant. So.. there's your answer.

exactly...and i'm still not sure :-\

I will totally teach you
  • It is definitely a good way to get workout. Running through the woods has always been fun. If you are looking for a local larp you can go to http://larpexchange.com There is a link to their "Larp Finder" on the right side, if you every REALLY want to try it out. Trust me, its not as bad as people make it out to be. Its almost like a a murder mystery on steroids.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    funniest thread ever
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I feel like a nerd for even knowing what that it :( I think i'd be into it... my husband is a huge war machine/magic of the gathering player, so he has some friends who LARP.... he makes fun of them (jokingly of course). I much rather LARP then play MTG!
  • mjoslin1990
    mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i'd like to get a group of people together with paintball guns to ambush a bunch of LARPers. we could even role play that we are from the distant future and have gone back in time to correct the timeline.

WHOA!!! that might be even better! I'm down!!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    When I see the LARPers out in the neighborhood park, it warms my heart because I know spring is here....
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Heh, I was in something like that once. The guys with the paintballs wiped us out during the day on the field of battle. Hard to beat ranged/ vs/ hand held or thrown weapons. HOWEVER, we staged a comeback when they settled in for the night. We snuck up on their camp, killed the sentry and stole their weapons while they were gathered around the fire. Then as a second group attacked en-mass they ran into their tents to grab their guns and my team was waiting for them and cut them down. You should have seen the guy scream when I rolled out from under his cot. I thought he was going to piss himself. Ahhhh, the good old days. :)
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options

You are the lightning bolt guy? No kidding! I saw that on TOSH.0 and had to check it out myself. Pretty funny stuff; my kids ran around the house shouting 'Lightning Bolt' and throwing beanbags at each other for weeks after. :happy:
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    Options
    I don't LARP I *kitten*
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I LARP :-) In the UK, Lots!
    I also Manufacture and sell custom Larp weapons and leatherwork :-)

We have friends in Sweden and UK that Larp and make custom chain mail!

I don't Larp but my husband and I are getting into Cosplay... His Stormtrooper armor us complete, just fine tuning it to fit him better and I'm working on my seriously lacking sewing skills so I can start my Nightsister costume.

Star Wars *****es!!