Intermittent Fasting 16:8 - I need all the help I can get!!

Options
Tomorrow begins my journey of intermittent fasting, I am not yet interested in a full 24 hour fast. I want my eating window to be from 12pm to 8pm, as these are the hours of the day when I am naturally hungry anyways. My questions lie alot in my work out routines. I do a 30 minute work out video (Cardio & Strength Training) every morning, I walk 2 miles at lunch every day, and lift heavy 3 nights a week. That being said, I am not STARVING after my morning work out buy after my lunch walk I am ravenous! After a lifting session I seriously feel like I can and must eat everything in sight. I just need some advice as to how to split up my calories or if it matters? Is coffee with a tsp of cream okay in the mornings while doing intermittent fasting?

All kind words please, from people who have or still use this program. I will delete any comments from trolls or people who just want to argue.

Also, If you have done it and want to attache a picture that would be great!! I am hoping that this will help me drop the last 20 lbs or so that I have been working so very hard to lose. I have been hitting the gym lifting heavy and working my butt off without much substantial weight loss although I do have much more strength and muscle tone these days.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• neetspateets
    Options
    Hi there!

I started I.F 4 days ago and I'm having great results already! I've got two kids under 2 so unfortunately I am unable to go to the gym to do my weights, however, I have been exercising by using a total gym which is resistance training and like I said, it seems to be working great for me. Recommended exercise is only 3 times a week for 45mins... 70% is diet and only 30% is exercise.

I would strongly suggest you read up on http://www.leangains.com/ to get the correct info on how to really get the most out of this new lifestyle - a lot of people on here have no idea what they're talking about with I.F.

My brother has been on this for a few months now and I cannot believe how much he has leaned out and really bulked up (he's a guy so they lift much heavier weightsnd his goal was to bulk, not lose fat).

iMO and this is only MO, depending on your work/lifestyle, I would leave the 30 min workout until later, before your lunch and after your workout have your lunch,more than half your calorie intake for the day. It is soooo much better to exercise in the 'fasted' state and then to eat... Like I said, read the website as it is so informative.

I wouldn't beat yourself up over having cream in the coffee, however, a 'splash' of milk is recommended....

Hope this helps.
  • natashamiracle
    Options
    I started IF approximately 5 weeks ago. I have dropped 15 lbs. My weight when I started was 145 (i am 5'5) which is not obese, but slightly over weight. I am now down to 131 and look and feel fabulous. I am currently doing 16/8 and have no intentions on changing it, just because it works best with my schedule. Let me also add that I have an office job, and do not work out regularly.
    For me personally I have found that during my 8 hrs of being able to eat, it is easier to withstand hunger pains if I split my 1200 calories a day into 6 small meals or snacks. (yes I do still count calories) I don't feel ravenous at any point during the 8 hours. I eat from 10am to 6pm. I do admit that about 10pm I start to feel the hunger pains a little, but my body has adjusted to these over the past 5 weeks, and they are manageable.
    I will post before and after pics when I hit my goal weight of 120. This should be relatively quickly considering how fast I have dropped the first 15.
    By the way, I went to my physician prior to starting this lifestyle, and she gave me the thumbs up. She also said that I couldn't just eat whatever I wanted and then fast and still loose weight. That is why I am currently still only consuming 1200 calories a day (which is safe for my gender, age, height, and weight). You may want to talk to your physician about IF, if you have any questions or concerns.