plan for the new year

Options
Sometimes it helps to put your goals, plans and intentions in writing. So....

My new plan for 2013 is that every time I consciously choose to cook at home rather than eat out, I'm going to take that money and put it into a vacation jar/account.

One of my problem areas is eating out, usually once or twice a week. It's just so much quicker and easier - Tues/Thur I don't get home from work/ gym until about 7:15, and Mon -Wed-Fri it's about 8:15pm. Not only does eating out cost money, it costs calories. I'm not saying I'll never eat out - I enjoy it so I'm not going to totally deprive myself of that. But I can choose to limit those times, and I can choose to eat healthier when I do eat out.

I have an additional motive - I may have the opportunity to go to Africa for a trip of a lifetime during the summer of 2014. If all goes well, I will be just about at my goal weight during that summer so the trip will be a reward.

What about you?

Replies

• Mousumi32
    Options
    Thats great,my plan is reaching my goal weight this year
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow, a trip to Africa would certainly be a huge incentive! I just want to stay consistent and honestly, my biggest goal is to just be more positive. I have become so negative in the past year. I don't like it! I want to change my attitude as well as my health and body!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    ...my biggest goal is to just be more positive.

This is SO important!
    I have to watch how I talk to myself - I tend to be an optimist with everything else except myself.
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    my fitness plan in 2013

1. logging my food every single day. it doesnt matter if I exceed my calories limit. I've been obese in my whole life (31 year-old), so I realize it will take some time to change my habit.

2. exercise, exercise, exercise. find something that I like, and stick with it. Now, I find that walk is fun and quite easy for me. I dont want to push myself. I just want to enjoy every minute of this journey.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That's a great plan! And will make a real difference, I am sure. Probably to your pocket as much as your weight!

Africa will be an amazing trip and a great incentive! I lived in Zambia for a few years and loved it, hopefully you've got Victoria Falls factored in to your trip!

My plan is to carry on as I am, remain focused, make less excuses and remember that this is the last time I will do this......

Have a great Xmas!
  • lanie37
    lanie37 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    From Jan 2nd I plan to cut out coffee and Tea again. I did this at the start of my mfp life (6 months ago) and felt great for it once the withdrawl headaches had gone. I only started again due to a stressful day and work and the weather turning cold. In 7 weeks I will be going to Cambodia to cycle for charity, and would really love to shift another 14lbs by then.
  • KLuyk
    KLuyk Posts: 19
    Options
    I think putting a plan in writing is supposed to help so good for all of you! I am going to put my health first from now on.
    I need to be okay with being number 1 in order to improve my health! I realized that after I eat something that is not good for me, I feel physically worse than I thought I would! That happened a few times this week. It helped me see that food is supposed to make you feel better, not worse! That it is supposed to be used for energy not to fulfill some emotional momentary need! I have been seeing a counselor who recommended a book by Karen R. Koenig called The Food & Feelings Workbook so I've started reading that. We all need to make ourselves a priority! That is my plan for the new year!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I also have a plan for 2013. I am very near my goal weight and do not really focus on the scale any longer - now I focus on strength training and toning and that will continue to be my focus next year. My second goal is to complete a HM - I begin training for on January 5th for the race in May in the Redwood Forest in Northern California. After that...I guess we will see what the future brings
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stop just trying to lose weight but the become healthier while losing. I've got about 25 kilos to go and I'm certain that once I get my lifestyle healthier I will be able to lose it so much quicker.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome plan and I hope you go on that trip to Africa! I went a few years ago and trip of a lifetime for sure! My goal is to lose my remaining bit of weight which is about 10-12 pounds and then start eating at a small surplus to build some muscle. I'd also like to run a half marathon.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love putting it in writing and images as well. My plan
    1. Organic Veggies everyday (raw and steamed both)
    2. Continue with water as main beverage (coffee, tea sometimes, no diet drinks)
    3. More organic fruit
    4. Jillian Michaels body revolution for weight training
    5. Continue running 2 times a week
    6. Cycling 1-2 times a week
    7. Swimming (I'm training for a sprint triathlon in late February)
    8. Don't listen to gossip/negative talk or partake in it
    9. Smile and say hi to others
    10. Spiritual growth
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    ..... I need to be okay with being number 1.....

I hear you on that one. I'm finally getting to the point where it's ok to take care of myself.