Just sayin...headless and torso-less photos..

Options

Replies

• TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I show it all !:smile:

exercise.png
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    no different than someone with a completely private profile.

^^THIS

I dont understand this logic even a little bit
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    And what about the ones who don't even have themselves in their avatar picture?

Dunno what you mean!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the OP. Too many faceless chest shots. Faceless back shots needs some love too.

Yo!

Sup?
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I agree but MFP has an issue with me putting a pic of my balls for some reason so this will have to do
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with the OP. Too many faceless chest shots. Faceless back shots needs some love too.

Yo!

Sup?

winking-whats-up-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    <---- Oops sorry!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I'm not coordinated enough to take a picture of my back.

ETA: How does OP think that her pic of Will Ferrell will provide motivations and supports on my Journey? To that, I say, I'll Be Alright Without You.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm 40 and I now have a place where I can take my shirt off without everyone going "oooo gross!". Keep it up and I'm posting the pic of me in a speedo holding the Southern Comfort. Just say'n.

Oh please do. :love:

Thanks! :blushing:

But that one scares me as much as it does the little kids and puppies.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Because MFP also part-times as a dating site where one goes to pick up others. Dating sites are also full of shirtless headless guys and cleavage shots.

There are other fitness sites out there that I have found focus more on fitness and less on trying to hook up and not surprisingly there are less ab shots and cleavage shots on there (though there are full body shots of people) but the guys and gals on there typically don't post threads about rating the person above you and would you date the person above you threads which runs rampant here :)
  • bettacheckyoself
    Options
    I am an "old timer" here at MFP but I still have never understood the bare chested, yet headless, photos of all the men. I've also never understood the huge amount of "leg crossed" leg only photos of females.

Yes I understand you're all proud and you have a right to be, but these shots seem to be meant to be "come hither". I fear that with the posts I've been reading and the influx of "pick up line" friend requests in my inbox that MFP has tuned into a new match.com.

I would think that the head would be required for people to hook up? And if not, I am not opposed to people finding love /dates on this site...doesn't bother my goals one bit.

I find body pictures, headless & with head very motivating...and I am happy to see that people have reached their goals and feel very proud about it...because they should!

As for the cute forum threads...I don't think it is wrong for people to just want to have some fun...I think it is just another way of complimenting one another, encouraging each other in a different way ? I like to give out compliments to anyone I can, because I know that it feels good to receive them.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Because MFP also part-times as a dating site where one goes to pick up others. Dating sites are also full of shirtless headless guys and cleavage shots.

There are other fitness sites out there that I have found focus more on fitness and less on trying to hook up and not surprisingly there are less ab shots and cleavage shots on there (though there are full body shots of people) but the guys and gals on there typically don't post threads about rating the person above you and would you date the person above you threads which runs rampant here :)

Funny how the "guys with shirts off" threads always brings the same people out to complain over and over again..

Quit whining. Lift a weight. This is a fitness site and it's called progress.

And like I said before, you'll find more than enough creeps around here who would never post a progress pic. Because instead of going to the gym they're trying to pick up multiple women on this site while hiding it all from the wife.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am an "old timer" here at MFP but I still have never understood the bare chested, yet headless, photos of all the men. I've also never understood the huge amount of "leg crossed" leg only photos of females.

Yes I understand you're all proud and you have a right to be, but these shots seem to be meant to be "come hither". I fear that with the posts I've been reading and the influx of "pick up line" friend requests in my inbox that MFP has tuned into a new match.com.

I would think that the head would be required for people to hook up? And if not, I am not opposed to people finding love /dates on this site...doesn't bother my goals one bit.

I find body pictures, headless & with head very motivating...and I am happy to see that people have reached their goals and feel very proud about it...because they should!

As for the cute forum threads...I don't think it is wrong for people to just want to have some fun...I think it is just another way of complimenting one another, encouraging each other in a different way ? I like to give out compliments to anyone I can, because I know that it feels good to receive them.

^^well said
  • AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxxdl3MeYQ1r35wfvo1_400.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • auticus
    Options

Funny how the "guys with shirts off" threads always brings the same people out to complain over and over again..

And like I said before, you'll find more than enough creeps around here who would never post a progress pic. Because instead of going to the gym they're trying to pick up multiple women on this site while hiding it all from the wife.

I don't workout, I lay on the couch rubbing chicken grease onto my man-boobs while gorging on twinkies and ho-hos and big macs and seethe in jealous rage alone in the dark with my cats because I'll always be alone because I'm fat.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

I don't workout, I lay on the couch rubbing chicken grease onto my man-boobs while gorging on twinkies and ho-hos and big macs and seethe in jealous rage alone in the dark with my cats because I'll always be alone because I'm fat.
    I would recommend a Vitamin D supplement.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

I would recommend a Vitamin D supplement.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • auticus
    Options
    I will look into the vitamin D supplement. Will it help with my "V"?
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    <--- Not me baby!!! I show it all!

Im in loooooveee! where is the mustard for that corn dog...

That was a corn dog?
    Ohhhhh! My bad....
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    I'm gonna jump into the conversation here and proclaim my love for the shirtless pictures. Men, keep it up! This girl right here appreciates it! :devil: