Cranberries

Options
Lalouse
Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
My hubby bought fresh cranberries. What should I do with them?!

Replies

• stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Make homemade cranberry sauce... yum... it's simple... assuming you have a bag of cranberries - mix that with one cup of water, and one cup of sugar.... and boil - until all the berries 'explode"... let cool and enjoy!!

Muffins are another option... cranberry loaf.......

ENJOY!!!!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Use the cranberries and get a pomegranate and make an incredible grilled chicken and feta salad with a good aged balsamic vinaigrette dressing!
  • lnsy613
    Options
    Cranberries, orange juice, cinnamon stick and approx. a cup of sugar - boil until they burst and let simmer for 20 minutes.
  • Rollo99
    Rollo99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After you cook the cranberries try adding 2 cups off fresh blueberries while its still hot, just fold in lightly. WOW
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I lightly microwave a half cup of the cranberries for about 1 minute and then add about 1 cup unsweetened applesauce, some cinnamon & 1 packet of stevia. Stir & then microwave another minute and YUM!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    String them with popcorn? LOL
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Cranberries, orange juice, cinnamon stick and approx. a cup of sugar - boil until they burst and let simmer for 20 minutes.

i do similar only i add in grated lemon rind, orange rind, lime rind and then cut up the rinds in small strips and let that all simmer together. i also use less sugar so the sauce is still kind of tart.

also you can do the exact same thing with canned cranberries sauce if you dont have fresh.fresh is better of course, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

i can't cook but i was always in charge of the cranberry sauce in my family because it was the one thing i could do really well :laugh:
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    cranberry orange relish

Not sure of the proportions. I think about half and half. Just make it taste good to you!
    Orange - whole....peel and all
    Cranberries
    Sweetener of your choice

Grind them all up together in a food processor - keep sort of chunky... like relish.
    No cooking involved! :smile:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Eat them raw! (Note: takes a little getting used to)