"I'm Just Saying"...

Options
spicy618
spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
...I'm probably in a Stink mood today. However...

I really dislike it when someone starts a thread, seemingly looking for motivation, advice, support, etc. Then doen't have the courtesy to return to acknowledge anyone, after some have taken the time to write a response. Then, I see others catch an attitude when the thread is "viewed" but not responsed to. Maybe, I'm not aware of the acceptable "virtual behaviors". I just find it RUDE... if you posted I'm sure you came back to VIEW the responses.

BTW, now that I've started :laugh: ... What is it with people when they walk into a room already occupied by others and don't have the common courtesy to even say hello Or reply to someone who Does have the manners to acknowlegde a fellow "human being".
I took my 84 year old mother to the Dr.'s office. We walk into the small waiting room, which has about 10 people. My mother says "Good Morning" in a loud voice, NOT 1 person replied, NOT 1. How do you have the "heart" to look at someone who just addressed you, in the face and NOT RESPOND... I guess that is 1 of the reason the world is in the state it's in today. NO COMPASSION.

I'm DONE with my VENT, Thanks for reading and NO RESPONSE required :laugh:

Replies

• B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of rude people out there, I agree! I see a lot of my daughters' classmates being so rude and wonder why their parents didn't teach them to be more respectful! There are some kids you just dread being around because of the way they act and we tried our best to make sure our girls were not like that! I feel like we were successful.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I completely agree with you! I wonder about some people myself :P

I work in service and nothing drives me crazy when I address someone by saying "Hello, how are you today?" and they don't even acknowledge me. They usually just grunt something about what they need or stand there and expect me to be able to read their mind then toss there money at me when my hand is sitting out waiting for them......some people are just straight up RUDE!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    (HUGS)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    When that happened to my mama, you better bet that I made a-hole of myself...

"Mama I'm glad you didn't raise me like that...how embarrassing"

& I got chewed out for a little comment I made the first day I joined! at least I got a response...
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I Agree... i hate to use the phrase its the geeration because even some older -my age- are doing the same. I started walking with a friend and we said hi to everyone, at first she was like do you know everyone. and i said no its just the friendly thing to do. and after a while it was coming naturally to her too. my kids are the same way, my son was told b\y an adult he was annoying because he said hi too much.. Go figure
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    You can only change apathy by exhibiting the qualities that you want to see in others.
  • spicy618
    Options
    You can only change apathy by exhibiting the qualities that you want to see in others.

I agree with this.... It's hard during PMS :laugh:
  • spicy618
    Options
    I appreciate you guys sharing your opinions and similar stories :)
  • Vallandingham
    Options
    My wife says PMS = Putting up with Men's *kitten*
  • spicy618
    Options
    My wife says PMS = Putting up with Men's *kitten*

:laugh:

I love it! I'm gonna use that. :happy:
  • ACCTGQUEEN
    ACCTGQUEEN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you.... I especially hate when you are INCHES from someone and you say Good Morning and they look right through you! People I have worked with for YEARS still do that!!!!
  • Vallandingham
    Options
    I totally agree with you.... I especially hate when you are INCHES from someone and you say Good Morning and they look right through you! People I have worked with for YEARS still do that!!!!

Don't waste your time on those emotions.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm just learning this site...but I'm finding it difficult to navigate a bit.
    I can't ever find my posts after I click out of them lol...
    Not sure if that is the persons issue...but maybe it's something like that?

Hope your feeling better now. :)

I agree with you on rude people, it's happening more and more lately.
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    I don't know...

Sometimes I get, "What's so great about it?!" or even "Its not that great..."

It's those folks I'd just assume NOT respond...guess, I'm never satisfied! ha
  • spicy618
    Options
    Hey Dutchess, Welcome!!!

When you are a new member it takes time to learn the ropes... lol

When you click on "Community" at the top of the page. Then click on "My Topics" and that will bring up any thread that you've created or posted to. Hope this helps :)
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    Spicy, glad you stated this!! When I first started here I had a devil of a time finding the posts I commented on!!! I would search through pages trying to remember where they were!!lol Eventually I figured it out tho!! Something else that really bothers me is when a newbee posts something they need advise on, they get kind of snippy or critical remarks. I read one a couple weeks back and was shocked!1 If it were me, I may have cancelled this site from my comupter and looked elsewhere. I know we see the same questions on a day to day basis, but the way I look at it is, I've been in their shoes at one time, and I remember it was extremely important to me that someone, anyone, give me some type of input. I really felt bad for the girl, but another poster got on right away and let the "mean" poster know what she said wasn't very nice. (Just a little venting of my own!!!)

As for rude people, I tell ya, if I took my 90 year old Grandma anywhere and she took the time to acknowledge people with no response, I would be totally PI@#$#$!!!! That is just plain wrong!! i was raised to respect all people, especially your elders! I guess were just going to have to lead by example!!!
  • spicy618
    Options
    AND!!!

I just happen to see a post TODAY, from the same person who was "seriously going to quit". This is someone who has been a member for over 1 year.... No excuse.

Yes, I agree we should "Lead by example". I try to at least. :flowerforyou:
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    Oh, goody (yikes, I just typed that)...any way.

Please explain to THIS newbie about "My Home" & my "Profile"

2 ques:

Which one do I check? & why do they both seem to have different conversations going on at the two places?

Also, if I answer someone on my page, do they see it?

I think I answered myself yesterday, bec' I received a message that I sent a message...????

Too funny, but I'm not quiet the "blogger/poster" yet...don't get me started on the acronyms...totoally lost, sometimes...thanks!
  • churchsinger
    Options
    God bless all the daughters who take their moms to the doctor's office. It can be a draining experience. I used to do it all the time, but now my my is gone (almost 2 years now) and I miss her.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Sounds like you're talking about my boss! The printer is a whole 12 inches from me, and he will not say "Good Morning"... not a smile... any kind of sign that he knows I came in to work! LOL

And how do you not say Good Morning to a sweet old lady?! that's just not right!