Yaz Users

Options
sorry if this isn't in the right section!

I just started taking Yaz yesterday, and was wondering if any of you ladies have taken it before? I have heard that is the pill that bloats you the least, not making you gain as much as other BC pills. Just wondering what other's experiences with it have been.

Thanks!
Erin

Replies

• B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have taken it for several years. It does seem to help but I do have times that I feel bloated. They put me on it to help control my migraines and it does help ease them. I still get them during that TOM but not as much and they aren't as severe.
  • bikinibody11
    Options
    I have been on Yaz for three years and I gained a little bit of weight at first but now I have leveled out to a weight that it is right in the middle of my older and largest weight.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I have not taken it but one of my friends did....and it made her a crazy biotch! lol seriously I was scared of her. She also broke out wicked wicked bad and she didnt stay on it for even a month. We looked up the side effects because ita supposed to be good for pms, and depression caused my pms..but the symtoms in some people are the complete opposite. Which was her case. it was awful. Just watch out for that.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I switched to Yaz from Ortho Novum since i wound up gaining about 70 lbs (and was unable to lose ANYTHING) on the other brand. since switching to Yaz, i have been able to lose. still feel bloated at times, like today for instance, but the weight doesn't stick around.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Yaz, but have decided to go without. My hubby regrets my decision sometimes :smile: but it just got too expensive with our prescription plan. But I had about a day long TOM, and I was VERY normal, almost never crampy or bloated, and without it, there are times that I'm like Oompa Loompa's friend. So if it doesn't work, get off it, but I bet you'll love it like most of us have.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My endocronologist put me on Yaz in Dec.2007, but after about a month switched me to Yazmine because during my TOM flow was VERY heavy. I've been taken Yazmine ever since and everything seems to be ok. I still get moody, but not nearly as bad as before I started taking it.
  • elf1590
    elf1590 Posts: 28
    Options
    thanks for the input!

anyone else have any input?
  • DaniEss
    DaniEss Posts: 27
    Options
    I know this is an old post but i thought i would resurrect it instead of starting my own....

I just started Yaz and was worried that I would gain weight while on it. In fact that is one reason why i started MFP. I wanted to make sure if I did gain it wasnt just because I was eating more.

So far I have actually lost 5lbs and I dont necessarily feel an appetite increase. Has anyone had a similar experience? Or anyone that had postponed weight gain after starting Yaz? Im still staying cautious....
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    I was on Yaz and it had no side effect for me except that I had water retention in my stomach ALL THE TIME, but I never felt bloated except a little durning my period. My stomach never looked like I worked on it. I did pilates 3x a week for an hour with a trainer, and ran 5-6x a week . Once I switched pills to a lower dose of what ever made the water stick, I noticed definition in my stomach finally!

But rememebr, everyone is different!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting Yaz due to painful TOMs and PMDD. I"m very nervous and worried I'll have bad reactions. I guess I'm posting here to keep up this thread and conversation for support and for anyone else just starting Yaz.