Shape Ups

Options
I bought the Sketchers Shape Up shoes last weekend. They have really made my treadmill exercise more intense. I can feel the burning in my calves after the workout. Anyone have any good results from wearing these shoes?

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I can't speak about the Shape Ups - but I bought the Avia Avi Motions and yes, I can certainly tell a difference... not only are my calves being worked harder, but I can tell a difference in my butt, my thighs and (thankfully) my stomach too! Just goes to show how little I used my core muscles on a day to day basis.
  • McKeown
    McKeown Posts: 8
    Options
    I got the Reebok Easy Tones, which look like normal gym shoes, and I LOVE them. I wear them when walking the dog and I feel the burn all over!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bumping. I am interested in the Shape-ups, but not ready to make the investment.
  • ruby1025
    ruby1025 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have the Shape ups, had them since about January. I do love them. I feel the burn just like you all said. The treadmill is harder then just walking on the ground. One time I had to ice my calf cause I did the treadmill in them, so heed their warning about easing into them. I see tons of nurses wearing them at the hospital I was at. My only grips with them are, they come untied and loosen up more then my gym shoes and they are very hot after a workout. Otherwise I love them.
  • alanismanson
    Options
    I've had mine since December and I am in love with them. :)
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i tried a half size bigger yesterday at the shoe store because they didn't have my size & omg they felt great!! I also tried on the Reebok ones & they were good and much much better looking than the Shape Ups. Overall i liked the feel of the Shape Ups much better. I have also read a lot of complaints about the Reebok easy tones "pillow of air" deflating after a while. I saw the Avias but i did not try them on but they cost like 20$ less than the Shape Ups & Reeboks.
    Skechers also has Tone Ups, sandals for the summer!! & not too bad looking either! I think im gonna pick up a pair soon.