Options

Replies

• bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I bought my fitbit One on Amazon.ca
  • littleengine74
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit for just over a week. Still trying to figure out what some of the settings should be to make it 'play nice' with MFP. I haven't really gotten into any groups, competitions, etc yet, but would like to try some starting January 1 to get the new year off to a good start. Feel free to add me! http://www.fitbit.com/user/23TLL4
  • amandathegreat320
    amandathegreat320 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's on my Christmas list, too! I think the Body Bugg is more accurate but you have to pay for the monthly service charge...
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    yes! I LOVE my fitbit! Silly thing only leaves my side when i shower! feel free to add! nly208@gmail.com

^^^^^ This since February ..... Up until last Monday night when I accidentally flushed it :( The awesome Fitbit support might replace it for me. Should know next week. I think it's amazing it's even been considered for warranty replacement as the device didn't fail, I did. BTW, I use and sync MFP with the Aria scale too. Another great product from Fitbit.
  • yvonneseage
    yvonneseage Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I also love fitbit. I have the ultra and wear it 24/7
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I asked for it for Christmas too. I am finally losing again due to increased general activity so I really want a way to keep that up.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mine just arrived today after I bought nixxy one a few weeks ago, she loves it, wont go without it and has managed to drop 3lb in the last week alone! feel free to add me as I only joined up to fitbit about 2 hours ago lol http://www.fitbit.com/user/23XNSZ

Can I as a quick question to all you users. Did anyone notice REALLY bad readings the first few days? For instance Ive had mine on about an hour and a half and all ive done is bake in the kitchen (lots of mixing) and says Ive walked 1109 steps when in reaity Im lucky to have walked 50 steps?! nixxy tells me its normal and hers didnt settle down for a few days but its so frustrating lol
    Are you sure that was the steps and not the calories?

Not sure then. I didn't have to wait anytime for mine to sett,e down. Customer services are really good so you could contact them if you're still having problems.

yes im sure

Thanks yes think I will contact them, although does it count if I bought it from ebay? Might complain to ebay seller bescause its also saying I wakled 50 stairs yesterday when I know in reality I maybe did about 15 or 20 at very most!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    Can the fitbit also track sessions on an elliptical trainer or stationary bike? Or is really a pedometer?
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    i just got mine and I synched them but my logged food isn't traveling over??!!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Can the fitbit also track sessions on an elliptical trainer or stationary bike? Or is really a pedometer?
    It's a pedometer and altimeter. You'll need a HRM, Bodymedia Fit or Basis
  • ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I can't live without mine! I was so pumped when I hit 20,000 steps yesterday!

http://www.fitbit.com/user/23L8ZY
  • conimae
    conimae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just got my Fitbit today. I just synced it to my fitness pal acct.
  • raintoad
    Options
    I recently purchased the Fitbit one. I love it. It makes you accountable along with wanting to earn those "doggon" badges! I have mine linked with Myfitnesspal which can be tricky if you only sync your account daily because it tends to "subtract" your calorie intake for the day.

The Fitbit is worth the money.

Please add me if you like. http://www.fitbit.com/user/23NMTK

Happy Christmas!!!!
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    I just bought the Fit Bit Zip, my first day wearing it. I would love to be in this group!
    Add me please!! Thank you!! Im sure how to sync it to MFP yet. Any tips
    would be appreciated!
  • kekagel
    kekagel Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just got my Fitbit the other day. http://www.fitbit.com/user/23XTXH I plan on logging here only, I've synced Fitbit with MFP. Any tips or advice on how to effectively use both is greatly appreciated.

One specific question, how do I log my exercise? Do I continue as normal on MFP or when I hit add cardio do I click the Fitbit adjustment link?
  • ms_tris
    ms_tris Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just got my Fitbit the other day. http://www.fitbit.com/user/23XTXH I plan on logging here only, I've synced Fitbit with MFP. Any tips or advice on how to effectively use both is greatly appreciated.

One specific question, how do I log my exercise? Do I continue as normal on MFP or when I hit add cardio do I click the Fitbit adjustment link?

Just log your exercise normally on MFP. If the fitbit thinks you did more than you logged or if you are more active than your account setting (i.e., sedentary) it will add calories burned to the "fitbit adjustment" area.
    :)
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You should only log exercise that Fitbit can't accurately track, such as swimming, rowing, bicycling or weight lifting. Any walking or running activities are accurately tracked and counted by the Fitbit.

Before you start a workout, press and hold the button to start the activity timer and press and hold to stop it at the end. Go to fitbit and see your start and stop times. Then go to MFP and enter those times as your workout times and your estimated true calories burned. This "overwrites" the fitbit estimate for that time period.

As an example, I estimate that if I do a half hour Jillian DVD, I burn around 200 kcals, but because many of the moves are static, the Fitbit thinks I only burned about 100 kcals. By entering it, I get "credit" for the extra 100 kcals. However, if I run on the treadmill, what the Fitbit measures is an accurate picture of what I did, so it is not necessary to log it separately.

Clear as mud?
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    If you go to the help section at the top of the page, there is a section on linking Fitbit with MFP.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    got my fitbit ultra yesterday... could someone PM me on how to find my link? i literally have slept with mine, and laid around with it on today.. and it said i birned like 1200 calories.. and im doubting that BIG TIME.. so some help would be GREAT.. althought im loving my sleep pattern. LOL!

Please PM as i wont be back to check on here until after christmas, and will have forgotten by then! LOL! Thanks =)

PS.. how ya likin my new feetie PJ's? they are NEW (tonight) .. and the first time i have been skinny enough to wear them in THREE YEARS!!! (8 years actually, but wanted them for three years!) *NSV pat on the back* sorry.. had to brag. LOL! :heart: