Off the soft drinks by accident

Options
I have been off soft drinks for 5 days. Didn't do it on purpose and I wanted to share some results. First, I want to share my unhealthy addiction. I was drinking in excess of two liters of diet soda a day. It didn't impact my weight loss and it was something I wasn't planning to give up. This last Friday after my morning run, I drank my protein shake, a bottle of water, and coffee. The rest of the day I drank just water because I really wanted it. It wasn't till the next day did I realize I hadn't drank a soft drink and really didn't want one. The more water I have drank, the less I want. I have noticed lesson swelling after workouts, and not really craving them anymore. Normally after workouts I would gain a pound, but the last two days have been steady loss. I am impressed and excited about the differences it has made!

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • immeagain
    Options
    I was addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper about a year and a half ago - 2 years ago and would drink between 6-8 cans a day!! I had horrible issues with IBS and swelling and bloating, etc... I ended up having to give up the soda several more weeks before a surgery and noticed a huge difference within a couple of days! No more bloating, no more cramping, no more IBS issues!! I honestly think that soda, whether diet or regular is bad for you and creates so many issues!! I rarely have soda anymore, a sip here and there when I crave the bubbly but in general, I just drink water with mio or plain!

Congrats to you and keep up the good work!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • cmajeff
    cmajeff Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    DDP was my poison of choice!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Giving up beer and soda made a huge difference in my weight loss. I NEVER want to drink that stuff again...I used to love drinking Stella Artois Peroni, and coca-cola and i thought they were soooo good...but after seeing the weight loss when I gave it up, I have no desire to drink that stuff again.
  • AiluMaiden
    Options
    I drank diet sodas for years. But at about age 40, started getting heartburn from them, so quit. A couple of years later, I was at a friends, and that was all they had, so I accepted a diet coke. Within minutes I was doubled over in stomach pain and nausea. Pure poison! Never touched the stuff since.
  • baker150
    baker150 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome, good for you!
  • misskellylynne
    Options
    That is so fantastic! That stuff isn't good for you at all! Once you quit for a long time period,you will notice how bad it actually tastes. Congrats in your success!
  • spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Pour pop down the drain and listen to the noise it makes, just hearing that is enough to get me off pop forever. Just sounds like acid eating metal.